Complaint Review: Grease Monkey

• Updated: Mon, October 28, 2013

• Reported By: Joseph — CASTLEROCK Colorado
Grease Monkey
5450 Front Street Castle Rock, Colorado USA

Grease Monkey Grease Monkey installed wrong filter and damaged my engine. Castle Rock Colorado

*UPDATE Employee: Response from the Owner

Brought my 2002 Land Rover to the Grease Monkey at 5450 Front Street, Castle Rock Colorado on Oct 17, 2013.

Told them I needed a oil change they said ok proceded to change the oil completed the service charged my credit card and I left, on my home the filter came undone and all the oil leaked from the motor and ceased the engine.

Called The Manger at Grease Monkey and he said it was my fault, I said how is it my fault and he said because of the way the car was driven caused the filter to come undone and they will not help tp replace the motor.

I am filling this report to find out if anybody else has a simalir problem, and has any idea what to do next.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/28/2013 07:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Grease-Monkey/Castle-Rock-Colorado-80104/Grease-Monkey-Grease-Monkey-installed-wrong-filter-and-damaged-my-engine-Castle-Rock-Col-1095287. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Grease Monkey

Response from the Owner

AUTHOR: Grease Monkey #649 - ()

This customer visited our center and requested a full service oil change. We began the oil change and drained the oil. We then noticed that the wrong oil filter had previously been installed on a prior service not performed at our location. The filter was cross-threaded on to the oil filter spindle and could not be removed.

We indicated this to the customer, and advised him to take his vehicle back to the shop or mechanic that previously serviced his vehicle to discuss the issue. We did not charge the customer for a new oil filter and noted on his invoice that the oil filter spindle was stuck prior to service and could not be replaced.

It appears that the customer continued to drive the vehicle with the damaged oil filter spindle, without having it inspected by the previous service provider. This caused the oil to escape through the base plate and filter, thus damaging the engine. We recommend that the customer contact the provider that last serviced the vehicle before it was brought to our location.

If the customer has any questions, we would encourage him to contact us directly at 303-663-4270.