Complaint Review: Grease Monkey

• Submitted: Sat, November 08, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, November 08, 2008

• Reported By:Centennial Colorado
Grease Monkey
8260 S Holly St Centennial, Colorado U.S.A.

Grease Monkey, Paid for services not received Centennial Colorado

On November 1st, 2008 I went to the Grease Monkey in Centennial, CO to have a "Full service 4x4 oil change and Lube". Was told the price would be $39.99, which includes the checking and topping off of all other fluids on the vehicle.

As I have done in the past, when I got home, less than three miles away, I opened the hood and checked things out, I have been had by dealerships in the past and have learned to check things. All looked good under the hood.

Next I crawled under the front-end, no grease fitting had been touched, still covered in oily dirt, with no sign of fresh grease, which was part of what I payed for. Invoice states chassis was lubed.

Moving on, I noticed that the front differential fill plug had not been touched, opened. There was dirt and grime surrounding the plug making it obvious it had not been removed.They must have a magic x-ray device there to check fluid levels, because they noted that the fluid was checked, only one way to do that, and that is to pull the fill plug.

Going further back on the vehicle, I checked the transfer case. Again, the fill plug had not been removed to check fluid levels. There was dirt and grime surrounding the plug making it obvious it had not been removed. Invoice again states it was checked.

On to the rear differential, again the fill plug had not been touched, opened. There was dirt and grime surrounding the plug making it obvious it had not been removed. Invoice again states it was checked.

And of non-importance, exterior windows are supposed to be cleaned as well. Well, the bugs and dirt on the front windshield were more than enough to tell me that was not done as well. Again, invoice states this service was completed.

Total charges for this "service" $47.02. I do not recommend that anyone uses Grease Monkey, or at least if you do, check your vehicle very well before leaving. I will never recommend them to anyone, nor will I go back. They are thieves in my opinion, and should be avoided.

Michael
Centennial, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2008 11:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Grease-Monkey/Centennial-Colorado-80122/Grease-Monkey-Paid-for-services-not-received-Centennial-Colorado-389198. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Grease Monkey