Complaint Review: Grease Monkey

• Submitted: Tue, June 02, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, June 02, 2009

• Reported By:Grand Junction Colorado
Grease Monkey
2857 North Ave Grand Junction, Colorado U.S.A.

Grease Monkey Damaged the headlight lenses on my Volvo XC90 Grand Junction Colorado

I took my car in to have the headlight lenses repaired. The lenses were rather merky looking. In a poster in their shop it showed how they could clean up the lenses and make them look much better. I didn't expect perfect lenses but what I got was absolute unacceptable. The lenses were still merky and they had heavy lines where the epoxy hadn't been applied evenly. It was a mess. In addition, the epoxy was allowed to overflow onto the clear bra that protects the paint. The epoxy was smeared and wouldn't come off.

When I took it back I was told that they could fix it. I let them try. It looked worse when they finished. They called the manager & he refused to repair all the damage. He said he would pay for a new, clear bra but not the lenses. I never went back again. I wouldn't trust them ever again. Poorly trained staff & unconcerned Owner.

I replaced the headlight assemblies at a price of $500.00.

Grand Junction, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/02/2009 10:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Grease-Monkey/Grand-Junction-Colorado-81501/Grease-Monkey-Damaged-the-headlight-lenses-on-my-Volvo-XC90-Grand-Junction-Colorado-457702. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Grease Monkey