Complaint Review: Great American Power LLC

• Updated: Sun, March 16, 2014

• Reported By: lifer506 — jessup Pennsylvania
Great American Power LLC
2959 Cherokee St ste 202 kennesaw GA, Georgia USA

Great American Power LLC save on electricity with a varibale rate sign up at 7.29 kennesaw Georgia

I signed up with Great American Power Aug 2013 at 7.29  per kw with variable rate they said I would save on electric. Last months bill was 350.00 which I thought was high. It is Feb 2014 and I recieved a bill for $679.00 a subtantial increase and was told, I am now being charged 27 per kw buy the distrubituion company. Now i can see maybe a few cents increace but with are taking  quadruple the price per kw when they are offering an 8.34 fix rate with other customers. This 679.00 electric should only be about $250.00 at the most.  So, I call to cancel them and all I got was an answering machine for 5 days now. Now I finally got an email stating that.  I signed up at a variable rate asking them to charge me 27 cents a kw. They offered me a 6 mounth contract at 8.39 with a 90 dollar rebate, 60 dollar cancellation fee. I said close my account.  It may take them another 30 days to close my account which means I will have them another month and god only knows what next month bill will be. I still have not spoken to customer sevice at Great American Power only an answering machine about a dozen times or so. I do not know who I am dealing with. I believe they are scam artist and now I have to pay my bill or ppl can shut off my power.  I am disabled and on an oxygen machine and cpap machine at night. I need the electric. I am living in my home 27 years and never recived an electric bill higher then $250.00 even in the winter months. I believe this company is ran by an individual and who ever it is, is scamming consumers into purchasing thier electric and promising rock bottom prices and then price gougung them in the end.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2014 06:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Great-American-Power-LLC/-kennesaw-GA-Georgia-30144/Great-American-Power-LLC-save-on-electricity-with-a-varibale-rate-sign-up-at-729-kennes-1126534. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Great American Power LLC