Complaint Review: Great American Readers

• Updated: Mon, August 06, 2012

• Reported By: josiehr — New York New York United States of America
Great American Readers
Po Box 20051 Bloomington, Minnesota United States of America

Great American Readers Blue whale publications To Good to be True Bloomington, Minnesota

I was contacted by Great American Readers with an offer really hard to resist, i will get magazines for 48 months, the magazines i want just paying $45.00 a month for 28 months and the 20 missing months free of charge, plus a $500 bonus to buy food or a $100 Old Navy bonus, which i never received.

The magazines they are sending were not requested by me, the ones i requested according to one of the agent will start arriving 12 weeks after my first payment, she said the ones i got now are courtesy ones; i called cause i wanted to cancel my subscription because i do not like the magazines they are sending and because i am not working at the moment.

I was advised that i cannot cancel my subscription and that i will have to pay $900.00 that is the remaining balance because they "payed" the magazines companies in advance, they keep calling and calling, saying they will send me to a collection department but we never signed no contract, i called several times to cancel, i have not even open the first magazine, they are in their plastic.

I am dealing with an identity theft situation, someone used my name and my bank account to withdraw money from the account Great American Readers was using to charge me; since that account is on hold, they do not have a way to charge me; i also blocked the numbers they used to call me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2012 03:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Great-American-Readers/Bloomington-Minnesota-55240/Great-American-Readers-Blue-whale-publications-To-Good-to-be-True-Bloomington-Minnesota-923331. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Great American Readers