Complaint Review: Great Call

• Updated: Sat, May 03, 2014

• Reported By: Soonahai A Marsh — Laramie Wyoming
Great Call
Marsh, Wyoming USA

Great Call Jitterbug I am only 51yrs. old, and they never asked me for my AARP number. They advertised first month free, No more than 59.95 per month. All of a sudden my bill jumps up to 108.95 per month, and the first month was NOT free! Marsh Wyoming

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: RE: Reported Billing Issues

I am only 51yrs. old, and they never asked me for my AARP number. They advertised first month free, No more than 59.95 per month. All of a sudden my bill jumps up to 108.95 per month, and the first month was NOT free! Everytime I call to cancel the Urgent Response program, they try and convince me to keep it and suggest other services that would "better suit" me! I got into this because of my eyesight. I was rather happy with a Straight Talk Trac Phone for only 45.00 per month unlimited, however was convinced into this product. I am not a happy camper! Would like to keep my present phone number, and find a way to keep the phone, but not the company!!! Thank you for your time. Sincerely, Soonahai A

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/03/2014 09:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Great-Call/Marsh-Wyoming/Great-Call-Jitterbug-I-am-only-51yrs-old-and-they-never-asked-me-for-my-AARP-number-The-1143775. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Great Call

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

RE: Reported Billing Issues

AUTHOR: Sue Weaver - ()

Hello,

We believe that we have identified your account based on the information provided in your complaint and will be contacting you to address your billing concerns. It appears that your monthly recurring charges increased in February when your Data plan was increased to prevent excessive usage fees. We will review your previous billing and assist you in determining the best rate plan and services based on your needs.

Please email us at GCCustomerSatisfaction@GreatCall.com if you have any additional questions or concerns. We look forward to speak with you and resolving your reporting issues.