- Report: #193617
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Great Cars And Trucks
Great Cars And Trucksgreatcarsandtrucks.com Calgary, Alberta Canada
Great Cars And Trucks ripoff Calgary Alberta
A businesses first
line of defense on
If your business
willing to make a
Click here now..
Gordon said there was nothing he could do for me as the Manager, he stated my ad was probably running somewhere in the "background" of the system ... Gordon went so far as to state I could have deleted my ad from the Great Cars and Trucsk website ... how ludicrous is that!! I told him my ad was not visible from the web site and wanted my Visa charge reveresed and my ad cancelled due to non-performance ... he refused stating there was nothing he could to about it. He passed my on to Chris at 403-301-2840, stating that Chris dealt with the finance side of things.
I contacted Chris and told him the same thing, cancel my ad and return my money, he stated "that is not an option". I told him about my ad not being on the web site, he excused himself from the phone and put me on hold, after about 5-10 minutes he returned to the telephone and stated he found my ad ... stating that my 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie was listed as a "CAR" ... DID I JUST FALL OFF THE TURNIP TRUCK OR WHAT !!!!!!
While Chris was away from the phone, I continuously refreshed my search for 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 vehicle and low and behold just before he came back on the phone, the number of listings increase by 1 ... MINE!
Another point of interest, the 90 Day money back guarantee offered by Great Cars and Trucks states "postmarked within 7 days after the 90 day guarantee date from the date your vehicle was posted on the website" ... nowhere does the listing indicated a "posting date". Chris told me that the 90 day period is from the day I PAID for my ad. The big runaround has begun:
- Paid for my ad on 17 May 06
- No ad on the website as of 25 May 06 ... 8 days later.
- Ad appears while talking to Chris on 25 May 06.
- 8 Calendar days between my payment date for the ad and the day the ad actually appeared on the website.
- Chris says the ad WAS on the website but entered as a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 "car" ... Right !!
So how does one actually determine the 90 day period ... you can't ... this company is just plain Dirty ! Let me add some more interesting data.
On 25 May 06, there were 17 x 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 trucks on the Great Cars and Trucks website. (18 when mine was added). I spoke with 11 of the 17 sellers with the following results:
- one of eleven sellers sold their vehicle through Great Cars and Trucks.
- ten of eleven sellers DID NOT sell their vehicles through Great Cars and Trucks.
- ten of eleven sellers DID NOT receive any calls from potential buyers.
- none of the sellers received a refund under the 90 Day Guarantee, some submitted the paperwork but did not get a reply and some missed the refund period due to ambiguity.
So .... 9 of 11 sellers sold or traded in their vehicles through dealerships or the other sales avenues, one kept his vehicle and 1 sold his vehicle through Great Cars and Trucks.
Based on this data alone ... let me see ... 1 of 11 sold his vehicle ... that is a 9 % success rate and a 91% failure rate.
One fellow listed his vehicle in January 2004 on the Great Cars and Trucks websites and sold his vehicle through the other trading site. HIS AD IS STILL ON THE GREAT CARS AND TRUCKS WEBSITE ... I guess having a lot of inventory on the website to show customers shows how popular and successful the web site is. So ... of the eleven respondants ... 9 sold or traded elsewhere ... one sold through Great Cars and Trucks and one kept his vehicle and ALL 11 (eleven) ads are STILL on the website.
It can and probably will be argued by Great Cars and Trucks that it is the customers responsibility to have the ad cancelled but I ask you this ... what happened to customer service. The company has each sellers e-mail and they could automatically schedule cancellation notice e-mails (monthly, 90 day ... whatever) advising sellers that their ad will be cancelled unless the seller contacts the company to continue the ad for an additionally set period ... but wait a minute ... if they did that ... they may be helping people to narrow down their 90 day eligibility period.
This website is a money grab and they drum up their business from another trader, preying on people who want to sell their vehicle.
Do yourself a favour folks ... list your vehicle with anyone else. You will have a better chance of selling your vehicle by placing a "For Sale" ad in your local community hall or grocery store bulletin board then you will from listing on greatcars andtrucks.com
I am going to telephone as many Calgary sellers who have listings on the Great Cars and Trucks website to provide readers of additional statistical data on selling and refund successes ... or lack thereof.
sorry, allowing you to give a competitors name would instigate others to just file against their competition, to only come back later to suggest their company your comments on this policy are welcome! CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/27/2006 11:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Great-Cars-And-Trucks/Calgary-Alberta/Great-Cars-And-Trucks-ripoff-Calgary-Alberta-193617. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.
- Business's (11)
- Lawyers and Law Firms (5312)
- Administrative Law (11)
- Admiralty & Maritime Law (27)
- Agricultural Law (2)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (10)
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation (1)
- Appellate Practice (72)
- Aviation & Aerospace (11)
- Banking Law (90)
- Bankruptcy (380)
- Business Law (232)
- Civil Rights (55)
- Class Actions (30)
- Commercial Law (13)
- Communications Law (1)
- Constitutional Law (1)
- Construction Law (83)
- Contracts (7)
- Corporate Law (75)
- Criminal Law (668)
- Debtor & Creditor (51)
- Education Law (14)
- Elder Law (77)
- ElectionCampaign & Political (0)
- Eminent Domain (5)
- Employee Benefits (7)
- Energy (0)
- Entertainment & Sports (17)
- Environmental Law (43)
- Family Law (13)
- Finance (0)
- Government (14)
- Government Contracts (2)
- Health Care (1)
- Immigration (482)
- Indians & Native Populations (1)
- Insurance (90)
- Intellectual Property (526)
- International Law (33)
- International Trade (0)
- Internet Law (7)
- Investments (1)
- Labor & Employment (12)
- Legal Malpractice (92)
- Litigation (20)
- Media Law (1)
- Medical Malpractice (13)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (0)
- Military Law (5)
- Natural Resources (10)
- Occupational Safety & Health (0)
- Personal Injury (842)
- Products Liability (21)
- Professional Liability (0)
- Real Estate (361)
- Securities (169)
- Taxation (142)
- Technology & Science (0)
- Toxic Torts (0)
- Transportation (2)
- Trusts & Estates (368)
- White Collar Crime (1)
- Wills & Probate (7)
- Workers Compensation (242)
- Zoning, Planning & Land Use (10)
- Legal Services (32)
- Arbitrators/Mediators (7)
- Automotive Expert Witnesses (0)
- Bail Bonds (0)
- Court Reporters (1)
- Electronic Data Discovery (1)
- Expert Witnesses (1)
- Forensic Experts (1)
- Jury Selection (0)
- Legal Assistants (8)
- Legal Speakers (2)
- Litigation Support (2)
- Medical Expert Witnesses (1)
- Other (14)
- Paralegal (5)
- Private Investigators (6)
- Process Servers (7)
- Translators/Interpreters (0)
- Miscellaneous Business Services (19)