Complaint Review: Great Cars And Trucks

• Updated: Sat, January 12, 2008

• Reported By:LaGrange Georgia
Great Cars And Trucks
3515-32 Street NE Internet Canada

Great Cars And Trucks Sonya called and said she could sell our truck as she had 3 buyers waiting now to purchase it. Calgary Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Don't give out your credit card number

Sonya called us telling us that if we would place an ad with them(great cars and trucks) that she would have our truck sold within 3 days guaranteed as she had 3 buyers waiting to purchase it.

That was in May of 2007 and nowhere it is January 2008 and I am still waiting for my refund. We called and called, left messages constantly but still no reply and no refund. I even filed a dispute with my credit card company to get a refund and now I am having to wait on them to decide. I previously filed a dispute with my credit card in June 2007 but they denied it saying I didnt have the proof needed so now I am having to fight with them also.

All I would like is to just get my refund without having to fight for it and to know that the folks at great cars and trucks get the punishment that deserve for doing what they are doing to innocent folks.

Jackie
LaGrange, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2008 07:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Great-Cars-And-Trucks/internet/Great-Cars-And-Trucks-Sonya-called-and-said-she-could-sell-our-truck-as-she-had-3-buyers-w-299380. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Great Cars And Trucks

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Don't give out your credit card number

AUTHOR: Dustygirl - (Canada)

We hear more and more of companies scamming individuals. It is on the news daily. As much as I feel for you people who were ripped off why aren't you searching the internet for reports on this company and any other company before giving out your Visa number? I too got a call from a girl, Sonia and she could talk the talk. My first question was why would someone buy my vehicle for 3K more than what it was worth? When she answered that she had customers who were "preapproved" for financing my reply was "so you have people that are preappoved for 3K more than I am asking. Why wouldn't I take what I am asking for so the customer does not have to take a loan out for 3K more." Sonia said 3K is better in your pocket. I told her I would check her company out and give her a call back. When I called her back to tell her that her company she was representing was exactly as I thought the phone was no longer in service. I had a friend of mine look into this company a little bit more and he told me they have closed the doors. That is great news! They can't rip anymore people off. I don't think it's right that credit card companies return your money if you file a dispute and our interests rates go up to cover these situations, next time check the internet before giving out your credit card number. It saves you a lot of stress.