Complaint Review: Great Escape

• Submitted: Mon, September 22, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, October 26, 2008

• Reported By:andalusia Illinois
Great Escape
4343 Elmore Ave Davenport, Iowa U.S.A.

The Great Escape fed up Davenport Iowa

*Consumer Suggestion: You got lucky on this one!

*Author of original report: made good

I bought a brand new hot tub and it has been leaking from day 1. Going on 3 weeks now. Employees at store are unsympathetic and full of attitude. Waiting for service man to come out for third time.......

Fed up
andalusia, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/22/2008 10:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Great-Escape/Davenport-Iowa-52807/The-Great-Escape-fed-up-Davenport-Iowa-374997. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Great Escape

#1 Consumer Suggestion

You got lucky on this one!

AUTHOR: Vanessa - (U.S.A.)

My spa leaked from day one in fact it leaked until the day they hauled it away and brought me a new one. It leaked for 7 years and ruined my deck via mold and decay. I started calling them the first year for the loud noice with the ozonator and I noticed the water levels was always low. I called within my Warranty. The great escape refused to help me because they not longer carried the Cal spa.

Cal and the great escape reunited and CAL decided to replace my spa. the great escape charged me $500.00 to haul away the old spa with all the mold!

They delilvered me a spa with no insulation. I live in Illilnois and the winters are brutal. I cannot use the spa. This will be the second year with this spa on my deck not connected.

Cal spa promised to send me the insulation kit that is on back order. According to other big spa companies you cannot install the insulation kit after shipping due to the intense heat generated that will cause the O rings to crack and cause a leak.

The Warranty states they are not liable for leaks associated with freezing. the great escape thought that I would connect the spa and once it froze in the winter they would be rid of me.

They have treated me bad for years. I have a herniated disk in the 5th vertebra and have been without my spa now for 3 years and the great escape will not help me get an insulated spa!

Ted (a family member)at the great escape said that he was not in the charity business. He and the owners refuse to replace my spa correctly.

It is really sad when big business misuse the consumer!

made good

AUTHOR: Fed up - (U.S.A.)

The problem was fixed. It was not The Great Escape's fault. It was a manufacturer defect.
Thanks to the service man, I was given a full box of chemicals for my troubles.
Even so, I would not recommend buying anything from this store because of the way I was treated by certain employees.