Complaint Review: Great Expectations C/o Conrad Credit

• Submitted: Thu, May 28, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, May 28, 2009

• Reported By:Marietta Georgia
Great Expectations C/o Conrad Credit
476 W. Vermont Ave Escondido, California U.S.A.

Great Expectations C/o Conrad Credit - Should be a class action lawsuit! Escondido California

*Consumer Comment: would like to share horror stories about Great Expectations and possibility of class action in Georgia

I have read so many reports like this one that I can't believe there is no one pressing a class action lawsuit against either one of these companies.

My story is the same as everyone elses... I saw a billboard for a website (wasn't even for Great Expectations, but another company), went to the website. Filled in my info... went in. Guy gave me this whole spiel, pushed me into some contract, then as soon as I walked out the door I thought to myself, what the hell did I just get into?

So I called up and called up and no one answered...the next day, I went in and they said, sure no problem, we'll go ahead and cancel that for you.

Guess what they didn't because they drafted 2 or 3 payments from my account and finally I got my bank up to speed and was able to cancel these automatic withdrawls. Because no one at Great Expectations will call me back.

NOW flash forward to about a year ago, and Conrad Credit comes up on my credit report as an UNSECURED LOAN? How is a dating membership an unsecured loan? This has to be illegal.

I called them many times, got called all kinds of names you can't imagine, which prompted them to call my family members and even send a letter to my work to verify my employment.

FOR A DATING MEMBERSHIP??

I have given up calling them and I guess I'll wait until 2012 until it comes off my credit report. I contacted a lawyer but it didn't sound too promising and the credit agencies did squat to remove it... since Conrad is reporting this as a LOAN it shows up as some kind of CREDIT CARD type of issue.

So if anyone wants to do a class action let me know. Otherwise it looks like with the FC act, all I'll end up with is my attorney's fees paid and might still end up owing on this contract anyway - which is now up over $6,000!

Angela
Marietta, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/28/2009 11:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Great-Expectations-Co-Conrad-Credit/Escondido-California-92025/Great-Expectations-Co-Conrad-Credit-Should-be-a-class-action-lawsuit-Escondido-Califor-456138. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Great Expectations C/o Conrad Credit

AUTHOR: Carmen - ()

please contact me through this site. I am in Cherokee Co., Ga.