Complaint Review: Great Expectations Dating Service

• Submitted: Fri, February 25, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, September 27, 2005

• Reported By:Woodstock Georgia
Great Expectations Dating Service
1975 North Park Place Southeast Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Great Expectations Dating Service Ripoff strong arm sales tactics which after 2 weeks of joining told them I couldn't afford Atlanta Georgia

*Consumer Suggestion: TRY FORFEITURE!!!!

In November of 2004, I being a single mom of two children, decided to check out a "safer" mode of dating people. An older "caring" woman named Shirley came in and assured me she was going to take good care of me. I told her that I didn't have much money and she responded "oh we will make something work out for you". She somehow managed to charm me into a life-time membership, which ran upwards of $3,000 plus dollars...which I did not have, so she said that she could authorize payments of $50 monthly to be made.

Then, after being stiff armed and rangled into the snake oil deal, I was creeped out by the photographer named Ed (who gave me his card and told me to call him) and left. I attempted to get ahold of the owner to tell him I could not afford this and would not be able to make payments....he said "did you sign a contract?" I told him yes, but I was unable to pay and that I did not even go on a single date using his service. He then said that out of the goodness of his heart he would take $500 in cash to get me out of the deal. They already had $200 of my money for providing me with nothing...again, did not go out on a single date and here he was wanting $500 in cash.

Now they are harrassing me with collection calls. I've went to the Better Business Bureau with no help. The only thing this company is interested in is getting hold of your money, customer service or good public relations is non existent with these people. And trying to speak to someone in charge is almost impossible!!! Shady. Feel like I've stepped into a trap and have been ensnared. Please watch out. Oh, in addition they didn't do a background check or a credit check on me, so what in the world are they doing claiming to be a "safer" dating option.

Kimberly
Woodstock, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2005 09:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Great-Expectations-Dating-Service/Atlanta-Georgia-30339/Great-Expectations-Dating-Service-Ripoff-strong-arm-sales-tactics-which-after-2-weeks-of-j-132767. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Great Expectations Dating Service

#1 Consumer Suggestion

TRY FORFEITURE!!!!

AUTHOR: Stephen - (U.S.A.)

Again, I read of another place where "FORFEITURE", could be used! When one enters into a contract and one party gets $1000's and the other party gets NOTHING, then many states do not see that as a "meeting of the minds", therefore no contract! On Oct 3rd of 2005 I am taking a similar dating organization (i.e. The Post Club) to a Massachusetts small claims proceeding to see if Massachusetts will recognize this very principle! If they do and I get paid back then somehow the world will get to know it, and here is one place I will use! If I am not successful then I guess its tough luck for anyone in the liberal state of Massachusetts to get out fo these "snake oil" schemes! But by all means, try pursuing this course of action in your own state! It has worked in places like Nevada! Just know that it is best used when you did NOT ONE THING with the company! If you did, and then want your money back then you are most likely just considered a dissatisfied customer!

And anyone who is successful, please post it!