Complaint Review: Great Expectations Dating Service

• Submitted: Thu, August 06, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, August 06, 2009

• Reported By:Los Angeles California
Great Expectations Dating Service
1640 S. Sepulveda Blvd. Los Angeles, California U.S.A.

Great Expectations Dating Service In Los Angeles Scammed me out of 3,900.00 Los Angeles California

* : Actually the first rebuttal is incorrect

*Consumer Comment: No scam here

They called me when they were trying to get me in the door, but when I decided that I didn't want to be a member about a week after, they said there were no refunds. I understood that that was in the contract, but I had two deaths in my family in a short time and was diagnosed with clinical depression. They didn't care, no refund. They were deducting 150.00 from my account monthly for the next two years. They said that if I canceled my card they would give me negative credit reports. I had no choice but to continue paying for something I was emotionally unable to use. I never used it and didn't get anything for my money. I tried to contact them several times but they wouldn't return any of my calls. I am highly resentful about this and would like to try to get my money back.

Anonymous
Los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2009 07:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Great-Expectations-Dating-Service/Los-Angeles-California-90025/Great-Expectations-Dating-Service-In-Los-Angeles-Scammed-me-out-of-390000-Los-Angeles-Ca-476957. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Great Expectations Dating Service

#1

Actually the first rebuttal is incorrect

AUTHOR: Erin - (USA)

I was also an infortunate victim of Great Expectations, so I know what the original writer is talking about. But, where "Gruppa" thinks that the author was just wanting to break a contract but in actuality they should be able to. The contract clearly states that there are 3 ways to have your membership cancelled. Either 1) you die, 2) you move, or 3) you are diagnosed with a physical or mental illness that you originally did not have at the time of the initial interview and would prevent you from following through with the service. Good luck!

No scam here

AUTHOR: Gruppa - (U.S.A.)

They didn't scam anyone. They weren't the ones who wanted to break the contract, you did. You are correct about them being callous to your unfortunate circumstances, but they did nothing illegal. Being depressed isn't a "get out of contract free" card.