Complaint Review: Great Expectations Dating Service

• Submitted: Sat, September 23, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, September 23, 2006

• Reported By:Hartford Connecticut
Great Expectations Dating Service
2189 Silas Deane Highway Rocky Hill, Connecticut U.S.A.

Great Expectations Dating Service The job I applied to was misrepresented at the interview, they promised I would be paying so much per hour, but... did not mention if I did not make commissions, that the fee would be lowered to minimum wage. Ripoff Rocky Hill Connecticut

I was hired to work as an Appointment Setter, I found their ad in a local free newspaper and thought, great, finally a job, so I phoned them, they said I was just what they were looking for, to come in for an interview the next day. Of course I was excited, the idea of having any job when I have been unemployed for so long. I went in and the lady practically hired me on the spot, she said I'd be making such and such amount an hour, I thought great, it's in the ballpark of what I was looking for, what I was never told by my boss, the lady who hired me, was that if I didn't make commissions, my pay would be lowered to minimum wage. I only found this out by talking to a couple of women I was working with, then I confronted my boss and she said quietly, yes, this is true. My guess, is that whomever is in charge of this place, the big bosses, probably told the hiring staff they are not allowed to divulge this information when hiring someone. I doubt they would get any help if they said truthfully what they are up to. Who can live on minimum wage? My job was misrepresented to me from day one. I was also told that they offered benefits, they do not, they only know of a place that offers benefits which would have cost me a fortune to buy on my own, ugh. If I had know all I know now, I would not have even accepted that position. I too turned down legimate job offers for employment, regretfully. The amount of money they charge clients is also a ripoff. My advice to anyone looking for love, STAY AWAY! This place is doing some illegal stuff and they are money hungry.

Roxey
Hartford, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/23/2006 08:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Great-Expectations-Dating-Service/Rocky-Hill-Connecticut-06067/Great-Expectations-Dating-Service-The-job-I-applied-to-was-misrepresented-at-the-interview-212389. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Great Expectations Dating Service