Complaint Review: Great Expectations

• Submitted: Mon, December 08, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, October 30, 2009

• Reported By:Marietta Georgia
Great Expectations
1975 North Park Place, Southeast, Suite 100 Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Great Expectations Dating Services Great Disappointment Dating Services Atlanta Georgia

*Consumer Suggestion: Getting Atlanta people together to fight GE

On 22 Sept 08, I went to Great Expectations (GE) to do an interview. Later that evening, I read a profile of someone (on another website) that I might be interested in and I spoke with my sister who knew him. We started talking a week later. I called and canceled my photo and video shoot with GE as well as sent an email asking for a return call regarding canceling the actual account.

They returned the call to reschedule my appointment, but said nothing about a cancellation. I contacted them again and was offered a cancellation quote. I then called the Credit Company to cancel the automatic withdrawal that I had originally set up and they agreed not to take any money out of my account. I sent a letter and Money Order in response to said quote. GE called and said they received the letter, but not the money order (which was in the same envelope and signed for by a rep. of GE).

I was later told, after contacting GE again in regards to the cancellation fee, that the contract had been sold to the Credit Company because GE claims I did not pay the full amount for cancellation.

Since then I have been trying to pay $100 (paid in full) for service NOT rendered and the credit company now wants their total amount paid. GE sold the credit company a contract that was still in negotiations, by law, negotiations should have been completed before selling of said contract. All I want is the cancellation of this contract.

Jaychris81
Marietta, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2008 04:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Great-Expectations/Atlanta-Georgia/Great-Expectations-Dating-Services-Great-Disappointment-Dating-Services-Atlanta-Georgia-399290. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Great Expectations

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Getting Atlanta people together to fight GE

AUTHOR: ATL-GE avenger - (United States of America)

I got scammed by this company too; yes, they are thieves. Getting ready to sue. Would you like to work together?