Complaint Review: Great Expectations

• Submitted: Mon, October 06, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, October 07, 2008

• Reported By:Boca raton Florida
Great Expectations
4800 North Federal Highway Boca Raton, Florida, Florida U.S.A.

Great Expectations Dating Service Compulsory non-cancellable dating service whether disabled or hitched!! Boca Raton, Florida, Nationwide

No company I've ever encountered, except Great Expectations Dating Service, refuses to give a refund when they have not begun to provide anything to the customer. David Margolis owner, Sheryel Ashcroft Director, refuse to let you cancel membership in Geat Expectations unless you sue them, and sue American Express for paying them. A Confirmed medical Disability is G/E's only unconditional excuse for cancellation.

The Social Security Administration has declared me disabled for 15 consecutive years. Their report states I have a severerly deformed back that would require surgery if I were younger. I am "advised by them" not to sit or stand more than two hours or lift more than 20 pounds. I was also medically advised to swim, ride a bike, and walk to maintain my muscles. I am legally able to run a business and earn a substantial income, provided I am not performing labor more than 20 hours a week.

G/E Owner, Mr. Wiseass Margolis, said due to my interests (cycling, walking, swimming and gardening) and the fact that G/E was able to detain me for 3 hours (without me writhing in pain), and that I own a business, he doesn't agree that I'm disabled. HE IS A "MEDICAL JUDGE" FOLKS! A MEDICAL QUACK!

I emailed my cancellation within the ridiculous 3 day time limit. When I got no response to the email I realized it may have gone astray and I promptly called to G/E to cancel. Director Ashcroft wasn't available. She called me back days later and said "return the materials with your original cancellation letter and come in with $500.00 and we'll refund $4,419.00 to your American Express card."

I refused to pay $500.00 for "nothing but their 3-hour sales pitch." But G/E won't stop billing my American Express card for $4,419.00. They keep arguing with American Express. I cancelled in Jan.08. They said they consider me an active member as of Aug.14, 08 having provided me with NO MEMBER SERVICES! G/E says I can be considered an active member for 36 months. (My fiance' doesn't agree). Then A/E asks me for additional information. Now I will send A/E (and the BBB who did nothing), a printout of all these complaints against this UNETHICAL PRACTIONER, this fraudulent dating service.

P.S. I met my soulmate at last on a FREE dating service Plentyoffish.com. We're getting married in 2 months. I came close at Match.com and Jdate. All others are worthless.

Barbara
Boca raton, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/06/2008 12:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Great-Expectations/Boca-Raton-Florida-Florida-33431/Great-Expectations-Dating-Service-Compulsory-non-cancellable-dating-service-whether-disabl-378748. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Great Expectations