Complaint Review: Great Expectations

• Reported By: THDchick — Conroe Texas USA
Great Expectations
50 Briar Hollow LN Suite 100 W Houston, Texas United States of America

Great Expectations Deceptive pratices Houston, Texas

I went to Great Expectations expecting professional help finding the kind of man I wanted to meet. What a mistake. The only good thing that came of it is that it only cost me $145.73 which is what I paid as a deposit. When I returned for the photo session I also turned in my profile that they input into their site and gave them a 1200.00 check.

When I got home I logged in to the site and was appalled at what they had done to my carefully constructed profile. I went from being a capable woman to a weak sister. I also discovered that the men theypromised did not exist. The person who did my initial intake stated "We have lots of the kind of man you are looking for" which was a complete lie.

I called them the next day andtold them I wanted nothing more to do with them. Thankfully I had already gone online with my bank and put a stop payment on the check. I then visited my bank--here is the really good news: I had paid the 145.73with a debit card instead of credit card. The bank cancelled the one I had used with Great Expectations, they can not get the money from me.

I wrote a letter to GE and sent it by registered mail letting them know I was vacating my contract, to return my check and refund my down payment. They have done nothing. I have not, as of this date, heard from the finance company so I do not know what is going on there. I am sure they will try to come after me, que sera.

After reading about the misadventures some of you have had with GE I feel extremely lucky to have escaped with having lost as little money as I did.

GE is a complete rip-off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/20/2011 01:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Great-Expectations/Houston-Texas-77027/Great-Expectations-Deceptive-pratices-Houston-Texas-684601. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Great Expectations