Circuit

• Submitted: Wed, July 23, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, July 31, 2008

• Reported By:Columbus Indiana
Great Expectations
3500 W Depauw Blvd. #2070 Indianapolis, Indiana U.S.A.

Great Expectations,Indianapolissingles.com Great Debts for the Dateless Indianapolis Indiana

*Consumer Comment: I find it interesting....

After visiting the web site called Indianapolis singles I began to receive soliciting phone calls. I finally agreed to an appointment. When I got there my interviewer turned out to be someone other than I was told. For about three hours I was reeled in.Shown photos of handsome bachelors in my age group. I was told that the membership was 60% men. Odds were in my favor. The girl that talked to me, Missy said they screened everyone to make sure they had no crimnal record, were financially stable etc. To make a long story short I joined to the tune of over five thousand dollars.

The next day I began to regret my expensive membership. I began to do some research on the web and to my horror found many almost identical stories to mine. I called the company twice and told them I wished to cancel my membership. Both times I was told I could not do so. I called my credit card company and was told I could not dispute the charges until they were posted on my next billing statement.

I contacted the Indianapolis Better Business Bureau and was told they could not help me get out of a binding contract and that I should consult a lawyer.I thought a person has three business days to cancel a contract. I called Great Expectations the next business day after they ripped me off and was told they did not offer any refunds. I have never used their services and have no desire to do so. I would like to speak to others who have had similar experiences. I am appalled by the number of negative experiences that many other people all over the country have had with this same company.

I have also filed a complaint with Consumer Affairs. I am going to do whatever I can to warn others of this companies devious practices. Do not give them your credit card| Great Expectations has so much private and personal information about me and with idendity theft being a widespread problem, this really worries me. I immediately requested a new credit card from my credit card company.

Lynne
Columbus, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2008 01:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Great-Expectations/Indianapolis-Indiana-46268/Great-ExpectationsIndianapolissinglescom-Great-Debts-for-the-Dateless-Indianapolis-India-354775. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Great Expectations

AUTHOR: Tifftiff - (U.S.A.)

It is always interesting to me, that as adults we are free to make our own decisions on a daily basis. In this case, it sounds like you were given a choice to accept what this company had to offer and then decided it was too much money. I believe this is called "buyers remorse". And on top of that you made the decision wihtout doing any research on the company.

It also sounds like you didn't even try what the company had to offer. You said you started calling the very next day without even looking at the possibility that the company might benefit you. It is amazing that people then go to the BBB and want them to do something about our decisions. The BBB is for legitimate complaints, not the fact that we made a bad decision.

I have a friend that joined Great Expectations and is in a loving healthy relationship. Did she second guess her decision, of course. We all do when we have just spent thousands of dollars. But she made the choice and stuck by that choice. she didn't blame a company for her actions. This happens not only to companies like Great Expectations, but to all companies at one time or another. Its sad, because if it were your personal business you would look at it exactly for what it is.....buyers remorse.