Complaint Review: Great Expectations

• Reported By:PARKESBURG Pennsylvania
Great Expectations
ge-dating.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Great Expectations rip-off dating service. Nationwide

I joined Great Expectations dating service in August of 1995 to the tune of $1795. I was at a low point in my life and the representative at the Cherry Hill, NJ site was very hard sell. After hearing the amount, I was very ambivalent but the rep used very nasty tactics like bringing up my age and I gaved and gave her my credit card. My receipt, which I still have, clearly says "Sorry no refunds". I've learned it's never a good idea to do business with anyone with such a policy.

In addition to the membership fee, I put out an additional $400 for my interview video which was done badly, I thought and again I was insulted by the kid who was taping me.

I spent quite a bit of time going through the video collection but only found 5 people I was interested in for a period of 3 months. I contacted those people and got only one response from someone who'd just met someone. No one ever contacted me. I never had a single date. I'm a professional person, with a Master's Degree. I've dated quite a bit over the past few years mostly from online services.

I was cleaning out my files when I found the promotional stuff and receipts from Great Expectations and decided I wanted to do something if nothing more than vent. What a hype. Right now I could really use that money that's down the drain. Never again. And, in fact, I'll be posting this very complaint on several websites that I have myself.

Thank you for having this service.

Lorraine
PARKESBURG, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/01/2004 12:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Great-Expectations/nationwide/Great-Expectations-rip-off-dating-service-Nationwide-89777. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Great Expectations