Complaint Review: Great Expectations

• Reported By:alexandria Virginia
Great Expectations
www.great-expectations.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Great Expectations ripoff Buyer Beware!!!! Nationwide

Great Expectations is a franchised national organization that has ripped off clients using over 50 centers throughout the country. This is a company that plays solely on potential clients emotions. The service runs anywhere from $2000-$5000 REGARDLESS of what anyone tells you. If you express interest in becoming a member you will be brought in for an "interview" with a SALES representative, whose job it is to pull your heart strings and then convince you to spend thousands of your hard earned dollars on only the hope of finding a partner.

The company disguises this "interview" as part of their "screening" process. The only screening that actually takes place is a viewing of your credit report, which most clients unknowingly authorize. What does good or bad credit have to do with someone being an eligible single? Once you become a member you are granted access to a website containing a database of members. You are able to search for members using different search criteria (i.e. age, location, smoking preference, etc). Out of the results that are provided, you may find a few people who perk your interest, but it is highly unlikely.

The majority of members are not professionals, as Great Expectations would lead you to believe, but crazy (my apologies if you are one of these people) lonely people who were conned into spending a hefty chunk of money on access to people who would generally never give them the time of day. I am a woman who works hard for my money. I spend a lot of time with my children and the bar scene does not work for me. I had high hopes, and I guess you could say, great expectations, that this was a service that could help me find other people in similar situations.

Instead, I found that I was only selected by fat uglies and men with more mental issues than I have shoes. I would have rather taken my $4,194 and put it away toward my kids' college. I know that an education offers a better and brighter future than anything Great Expectations can offer. I will NEVER recommend this service to anyone, no matter how lonely you are. Thousands of dollars can't buy you happiness. This is an experience that could have made my life much worse than it was at the beginning.

Luckily I am a strong person who will not let something like this bring me down. Don't put yourself in the same position that I did. I might add: I was not only a client, I was also an employee. This company stinks! (I am not a disgruntled employee, either. I chose to leave the company)

A
Washington, District of Columbia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/12/2005 10:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Great-Expectations/nationwide/Great-Expectations-ripoff-Buyer-Beware-Nationwide-138504. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Great Expectations