Complaint Review: Great Fun And AutoVantage: Marks Of Affinion Publishing LLC

• Updated: Tue, April 14, 2009

• Reported By:Olympia, WA Washington
Great Fun And AutoVantage: Marks Of Affinion Publishing LLC
Nationwide U.S.A.

Great Fun One Of The Reg. Marks Of Affinion Publishing LLC Credit card charged because ORBITZ gave "Greatfun" my credit card number Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: I just booked a hotel on Orbitz and made sure NOT TO click on the $20. offer

*Consumer Suggestion: easy

In Dec of 2008 I purchased a plane ticket at the ORBITZ site. I bit for a $10 refund and was routed to the GreatFun site and, to my regret and stupidity signed up for a FREE membership in anticipation of getting the $10 refund. I later learned the refund is a $10 check that, if cashed, registered me as a GreatFun mark or I mean "member". By early Mar. 09 I had received two $10 "refund" checks. I did not cash either of the checks sent to me but tore them up. On Mar 4 I found a charge on the same credit card I used for the ORBITZ plane ticket, for an $11.99 membership to GreatFun. I immediately filed an inquiry with my credit card and the charges were dropped for the current billing cycle. I still need to contact this "Greatfun" company and punch their ticket. All is not resolved and I will never use ORBITZ again. Nor any of the companies affiliated with Great Fun i.e. AutoVantage Affinion Publishing, LLC, Access Development or Trilegiant Corp. (all reg. trademarks )

Bob
Olympia, WA, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2009 11:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Great-Fun-And-AutoVantage-Marks-Of-Affinion-Publishing-LLC/nationwide/Great-Fun-One-Of-The-Reg-Marks-Of-Affinion-Publishing-LLC-Credit-card-charged-because-ORB-430960. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Great Fun And AutoVantage: Marks Of Affinion Publishing LLC

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

those are all associated with those worthless membership programs that are impossible to cancel once you agree to the free trial.

I saved myself far more than $20 - just in hassle and aggravation trying to cancel.

#5 Consumer Suggestion

easy

AUTHOR: Helpful Guy - (U.S.A.)

You have the number on your statement, call it. I gather from what you wrote you knew what you were doing at a point, stopped reading, then signed up... I saw the same offer, you can abort, you didn't. I understand being mad b/c of a billing I got charged from a company I did not recognize... they didn't have a number to call, that required research. You have it on your statement, got their materials, got their gift and threw it away. People think they are taking advantage of b/c they didn't read...
Best of luck to you