Complaint Review: Great Fun and Auto Advantage

• Submitted: Mon, June 11, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, June 11, 2012

• Reported By: Rosa — Vineland New Jersey United States of America
Great Fun and Auto Advantage

Great Fun and Auto Advantage Affinion Publishing,LLC, Access Development hard to cancel membership online Internet

I recently ordered books from Doubleday  Books, and there was an offer to get $10. off your first order by calling a number. When I spoke to the telemarketer, the deal was you had to join their discount offer site, Great Fun, in order to receive the discount. It supposedly offers discounts on dining out, car rentals, hotels etc. You could cancel your trial membership before 30 days, if you desired. Well, they did'nt even send the information until 3 weeks went by, and when I tried to go on line to cancel,the web address they gave kept refusing to go through, saying the web address is invalid.Also, they led you to believe you would be getting instant savings, when you actually have to fill out a rebate form, and send a receipt for payment. Now, they already knew I paid, that's how the offer was made. They already had my credit card information. I am attempting to keep them from billing my card again, and they are trying to get to the 30 days, so they can bill me again. I will probably have to refute the charges, which I seem to have to do with these kinds of offers on a regular basis. The motto is, do not respond, when you are offered a discount on an online purchase, when it comes through a third party.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/11/2012 07:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Great-Fun-and-Auto-Advantage/internet/Great-Fun-and-Auto-Advantage-Affinion-PublishingLLC-Access-Development-hard-to-cancel-me-895732. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Great Fun and Auto Advantage