Complaint Review: Great Fun

• Submitted: Fri, May 15, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, May 15, 2009

• Reported By:Mankato Minnesota
Great Fun
greatfunonline.com Mankato, Minnesota U.S.A.

Great Fun/Travelodge/Traveler's Advantage/AARP/Chase Great Fun Strikes Twice in So. MN Mankato Minnesota

After booking a room at Travelodge I was urged to take advantage of a program called Traveler's Advantage to receive discounts on traveling. Not interested in an enrollment, I was told that I could use the program once and cancel. Which I did.

Unbeknownst to me my checking account continued to be accessed by a company calling itself Great Fun. Because of the name change I did not immediately pick up on the fact that they were continuing to bill me in spite of my cancellation. For several months I continued to receive checks in the mail which I didn't sign because on the back in very small print it said that endorsement of the check would obligate me to a membership.

Emails to AARP/Chase produced a flurry of form letters talking about how they were paying attention and that I was a valued customer. A phone number for Great Fun was provided.

A Call to Great Fun immediately gave me access to a woman who called herself their customer service manager. After I voiced my complaint she immediately offered me a return on half of the money which they had taken. When I asked why it wouldn't all be returned there was a pause and then she said they would return it if I faxed her all copies of my statements. Why this is necessary is another chunk of time they have stolen from me. They already have billing records and the fact that the account was never used.

I'm grateful for all you whistleblowers who set the stage for a quick and painless resolution of this issue. Now we'll see if they follow through. . .

My husband, in separate transaction and more observant than I, also picked up on this mysterious charge to his credit card, called and had it immediately removed. The program accessed him through the Classmates. But, while he signed up for it, he has never paid the membership fee to commit himself to a monthly fee.

Mankato, mn
Mankato, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/15/2009 08:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Great-Fun/Mankato-Minnesota-56001/Great-FunTravelodgeTravelers-AdvantageAARPChase-Great-Fun-Strikes-Twice-in-So-MN-Man-452135. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Great Fun