Complaint Review: Great Fun

• Submitted: Sun, July 15, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, July 15, 2012

• Reported By: JanP — Plainfield Illinois United States of America
Great Fun
po Box 41248, Nashville, Tn 37204-1248 Nashville, Tennessee United States of America

Great Fun sending me a check for a Barnes and Noble purchase just made in the amount of $10. I can choose to join for $1 for the first month and $16.99 for each month after that for a membership in a discount Nashville, Tennessee

I just purchased a book from Barnes and Noble online and a page came up offering me a $10 rebate if I called this number: 1-877-859-3255.  So I called...a young girl answered and took my name, address, etc so that she could send the check to me.

I asked her if Barnes and Noble was aware of this promotion and what the catch was.  She replied that B&N was indeed aware and that it was a discount club that I could join for $1 for the first month and $16.99 for each month after that, only if I checked the boxes on the form they would be sending me.

At that point she asked for my email address so that I would receive the packet sooner.  Dumb me, I gave it to her. I had previously read the RipOff Reports so I knew what questions to ask.  Obviously, your readers had no idea.  I told her that I would not be filling out any such form. She then said that was entirely up to me.  So, I am hoping that as long as I don't cash the check nor fill out the forms they should not be able to deduct from my bank account.....right?

Then I called customer service at Barnes and Noble and they had no idea that pop up was coming up after a book purchase online.  I told her about the rip off report that I read here and suggested they get one of their techs to remove it if it was not advocated by them. She said she was "on it".

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2012 03:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Great-Fun/Nashville-Tennessee-37204-1248/Great-Fun-sending-me-a-check-for-a-Barnes-and-Noble-purchase-just-made-in-the-amount-of--912441. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Great Fun