Complaint Review: Great Fun

• Reported By:gardena California
Great Fun
www.greatfun.com Internet U.S.A.

Great Fun Membership not canceled Internet

I had subscribed to Great Fun due to their advertisement through a traveling agency, where I could get different % back for whatever I purchased through my Credit Card. After couple of days after signing up, I already had a bad feeling about the membership and went on to canceling my account.

Couple days later, I received a charge and I called to take it off. The lady was very kind and gladly took the charge off of my credit card. Then the mail came in-numerous checks for 7.50 or $10 were sent to me. How nice of them- but if you do deposit these checks, they charge your card once again. This was stated in a fine print on the check. I threw away the checks and disregarded Great Fun and did not think anything of them for quite a while.

To get my attention even more, they charged my account $11.99. Now, $12 is not a great amount of money, and some would say not to fuss over $12, but the fact of the matter is I canceled the account many months ago-almost around May. I spoke to a woman based in the United States (for once) and I asked for her name, employee ID number, and also for the cancellation number.
I almost wanted to tell them that if they were going to go and charge my card once again without my knowledge on a canceled account, I was going to sue them, but I did not want to put such dent in the employee's day, so I left her with some "kind" words.

gardena, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2008 08:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Great-Fun/internet/Great-Fun-Membership-not-canceled-Internet-367348. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Great Fun