Complaint Review: Great Lakes Circulation Inc., (AKA)MAGAZINES,INC

• Submitted: Wed, April 16, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, April 16, 2008

• Reported By:Seguin Texas
Great Lakes Circulation Inc., (AKA)MAGAZINES,INC

Great Lakes Circulation Inc., (AKA) MAGAZINES,INC Home schooled Boy due to my (Attention Deficit Disorder) selling magazines Golden Colorado

My wife and I got a knock on the door on evening. At the door was a nice clean cut teen age boy (a little hipper). He introduced himself and told us that he was trying to sell magazines so he could go on a trip with other home schooled boys with A.D.D.

My wife speaks Spanish and the boy talked to her in some Spanish to impress us.

We were interested in hearing what he was doing " trying to help improve his life" We invited him in so we could listen to what he was doing and what he was going to do on his trip.

After he had told us I felt compelled to put a little money to a good cause. We bought two subscriptions for Readers Digest and Selecciones the total cost came up to $57.00 and I wrote the check made out to Great Lakes Circulation Inc INC. (AKA) GLC INC.

On the receipt it has a 3 day cancellation dead line. It would have done no good to cancel the check becaust the address in no good and it is to a PO box. (PO Box 18333 Golden, CO 80402. After three days there is no refunds given.

If you ever want to order a magazine go strait to the company or with a company you trust, never buy from some knocking at your door unless you have called them to come out and visit you.

Seguin, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2008 04:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Great-Lakes-Circulation-Inc-AKAMAGAZINESINC/Golden-Colorado-80402/Great-Lakes-Circulation-Inc-AKA-MAGAZINESINC-Home-schooled-Boy-due-to-my-Attention-D-326601. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Great Lakes Circulation Inc., (AKA)MAGAZINES,INC