Complaint Review: Great Lakes Circulation

• Submitted: Thu, November 06, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, November 06, 2008

• Reported By:Lewes Delaware
Great Lakes Circulation
Box 1833 Golden, Colorado U.S.A.

Great Lakes Circulation magazine fraud overcharging Golden Colorado

A few boys came to my door asking to help provide money for their college funds by purchasing a magazing subscription. A few days after the two had left, my neighbor informed me she was suspicious this was a rip-off. I called my bank and cancelled put a stop payment on the check.

Today I find on my bank website a charge was put through for an amount different than the original subscription price. I called the company on the check at which time they told me that there was a $59 subscription charge plus and additional $30 cancellation charge for "cancelling" my check. I called the company and stated I have cancelled the check. She stated I was suppose to call the subscription company and cancel withing 3 days.

I am sure there are more persons out there that may have had the same experience. Please let me know and what I may do to let others know.

Lewes, Delaware

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/06/2008 10:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Great-Lakes-Circulation/Golden-Colorado-18333/Great-Lakes-Circulation-magazine-fraud-overcharging-Golden-Colorado-388548. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Great Lakes Circulation