Complaint Review: Great Lakes Higher Ed Guar Corp

• Updated: Fri, July 12, 2013

• Reported By: kaciaw — Irvington New Jersey
Great Lakes Higher Ed Guar Corp
P.O. Box 7859 Madison, Wisconsin USA

Great Lakes Higher Ed Guar Corp Performant Recovery Fraud, Theft Madison Wisconsin

*Author of original report: Unprofessional and not helpful

*UPDATE Employee: Follow Up

I signed a loan agreement with Dover Business College which was suppposed to be an accredited college. I later found out they were not and issues with them forced me to no finish my schooling with them. After going back and forth with school my loan was then put into default.

My 2012 taxes were garnished and Great Lakes was sent $2412.00 from the IRS. When I contact these companies each place is telling me they have no record of payment and keep referring me to different agencies. So far the company names that have alao been given to me are Performant Recovery (800] 927-7667, CTI (877) 522-6898, and also Great Lakes personally (866) 348-0715 and still I have been giving no help and nasty attitudes.

I have also consolidated this loan and I am trying to find out if I still owe, what I owe and was any monies accredited so I`m not paying more than I should. Plus it seems the loan was orginally $3500 and it appears that the creditor has added another $3000 they are claiming is interest. [continued below]....

..... Also, Dover Business College has recognized their wrong-doing in this matter. Please contact me at your earliest conveinence to please help me to finally resolve this matter. Thank you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2013 01:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Great-Lakes-Higher-Ed-Guar-Corp/Madison-Wisconsin-53707/Great-Lakes-Higher-Ed-Guar-Corp-Performant-Recovery-Fraud-Theft-Madison-Wisconsin-1066528. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Great Lakes Higher Ed Guar Corp

Unprofessional and not helpful

AUTHOR: kaciaw - ()

I have been contacting Great Lakes, as well as the other two companies that I listed in my original complaint. None of the companies have been helpful nor can explain to me about what monies have been applied to the loan. Also, I`m highly upset about the fraudulence with the school that I signed this loan through. When I signed the.contract the school was supposed to be accredited and they weren`t, if I knew this I would have never attended Dover Business College.

AUTHOR: Great Lakes - ()

To Whom It May Concern,

We sincerely apologize for the frustration you experienced during your communications with Great Lakes.  Great Lakes takes pride in providing quality customer service and we appreciate the opportunity to provide any necessary feedback and training.

We encourage you to contact our Collection Support Department at (800) 354-6980 so we can properly assist you with any concerns you may have.

Sincerely,