Complaint Review: Great Poems Of The Western World; Lavender Aurora

• Submitted: Thu, March 03, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, May 17, 2011

• Reported By:South St. Paul Minnesota
Great Poems Of The Western World; Lavender Aurora
Box 21 Talent, Oregon U.S.A.

Great Poems Of The Western World; Lavender Aurora ripoff Scam??? Do they even care that some of these submissions are from Children??? Talent Oregon

*General Comment: Me too!

*Consumer Comment: It's NOT a scam!!!

My daughter, who is 13, submitted a poem online. She received a letter in the mail that stated she had been selected as a semi-finalist by the judges. Lavender Aurora, Poetry Editor, would personally let her know the results of the contest just as soon as the judges had made their decisions.

She wanted permission to print the poem in the book "Great Poems of the Western World" and "trumpet" her talent to the world.

Now, to a child of 13, this was the best news she had ever heard! She has taken the letter to all her family and friends and we are all so very proud of her for this accomplishment. She was very excited and wanted me to order the book so that she could see her poem in print. I took the form into work and thought, well, before I send this off with my money, I am going to check to make sure this is real. Imagine my dismay at having come across the site and reading all the stories. Now I have to go home and break the news to her and explain to her that she has been scammed. All I have to say is, I am very glad that I looked before I just sent my money off.

How can you people sleep at night!!! This child has had her heart broken! And what's more, she is very talented with her writing and also with her artistic flair! And I am not saying that just because I am her mom! She is a wonderful young lady and she will be published someday, with a reputable company!!

Kelly
South St. Paul, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/03/2005 05:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Great-Poems-Of-The-Western-World-Lavender-Aurora/Talent-Oregon-97540/Great-Poems-Of-The-Western-World-Lavender-Aurora-ripoff-Scam-Do-they-even-care-that-s-133642. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Great Poems Of The Western World; Lavender Aurora

#1 General Comment

Me too!

AUTHOR: Bob - (United States of America)

I am 11 years old. I got several letters in the mail. I looked them up. They are all scams. That really breaks my heart when I see that people scam me over and over and over again.

It's NOT a scam!!!

AUTHOR: mamaM - (United States of America)

Hey there! I have proof that Great Poems of the Western World is real because i have the book! Yes it took a while to get it, but i have it! And my poem is in there. I am very pleased! Yes, i have seen a lot of comments about it being a scam, but it isn't. I think people thought it was a scam because it took so long to get the book. So your daughter could have had her poem published afterall...