Complaint Review: Great Seneca Financial Corperation

• Submitted: Tue, February 07, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, October 13, 2010

• Reported By:keizer Oregon
Great Seneca Financial Corperation
702 King Farm Blvd., Suite 500 Rockville, Maryland U.S.A.

Great Seneca Financial Corperation - Wolpoff And Abramson - Local Lawyer Derrick E. McGavic Huge fees and interest added by these greedy debt collectors, ripoff Rockville Maryland

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: What address can Great Senica attorneys Wolpoff & Abrahams be served at????????

*Consumer Comment: I am trying to get a mark taken care of with Great Seneca

*Consumer Suggestion: IN MY HUSBAND'S CASE, W&A BEAT THEMSELVES!!!

*Consumer Suggestion: statute of limitations ar up!

*Consumer Comment: I beat wolpoff and abramson

*Consumer Comment: Ed, some more bad news...

I had a number of credit cards in 1999 that I defaulted on when a business went belly-up. One of those was a card issued through First National Bank of Omaha. I have no record of the principal amount, but a statement from Great Seneca dated 11/07/2003 stated $8725.82 was owed.
The amount they want today? $32,246.18 !

I decided to wait the debt out rather than file bankruptcy, and in the summer of 2004 I made a crucial mistake. I had received so many threats from debt collectors that hey had lost all effect and so when papers were served me by their local lawyer in Eugene, Oregon, Derrick E. McGavic. I disregarded them as I had many times before. A crucial mistake, I would learn, and a favorite tactic used by Great Seneca in these cases. They won by default.

Great Seneca purchased my bad loan for pennies on the dollar and sued me, hoping I wouldn't show up in court and thereby winning by default. For all I know, they didn't show up themselves. A loan they perhaps purchased for $400 or less is now a $32,000 payday if their greedy little plan succeeds!

Ed
keizer, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2006 02:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Great-Seneca-Financial-Corperation/Rockville-Maryland-20850-3872/Great-Seneca-Financial-Corperation-Wolpoff-And-Abramson-Local-Lawyer-Derrick-E-McGavi-175178. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Great Seneca Financial Corperation

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

What address can Great Senica attorneys Wolpoff & Abrahams be served at????????

AUTHOR: bearman - ()

Do you happen to have an address where this Great Senica attorneys Wlpoff & Abramson Derreck E. McGavic can be sent a cease letter. They have a judgement without a release that was included in a bank rupcy.

I am trying to get a mark taken care of with Great Seneca

AUTHOR: damon - (United States of America)

Hey,

I was hoping you could send me a copy of the letter you sent them telling them to cease and desist with the debt.  I have a debt that is sold to them but I cannot get a balance or a person on the phone.  I have to just understand that the mark won't come off.  Anyway, I think a certified letter would be a good way to start.

Thanks,

D

#3 Consumer Suggestion

IN MY HUSBAND'S CASE, W&A BEAT THEMSELVES!!!

AUTHOR: Sherri - (U.S.A.)

Just for the record, Wolpoff & Abramson will deliberately sewer serve you, especially in cases that have no legal merit. They tried this on a case they filed against my husband, supposedly attempting to serve him at an address that doesn't even exist. Their "process server" perjured herself stating that it was a three unit building and she spoke to the residents there. Uh, dear..no such address, so whatever you were tweeked out on must have been very strong. Too bad for them that my husband has contacts at the courthouse and we got served (three months after they filed). Too bad for them that when we saw that they had pulled a hard inquiry on my husband's credit months before, they got a Permissible Purpose letter by Certified Mail RRR and signed for it, so we had documentation that they had a correct address (as well as numerous green cards signed by their "client". Filed our answer with attached documentation as to why their claim was non-valid. Got the Case Management notice from the Clerk's office. Cool, the presiding judge has a reputation of being very fair and thorough.

We get their Case Management statement in the mail and all I can say is that they did a BEAUTIFUL job of hanging themselves. Steve, if you are reading this, get my email addy through Ed..you will LOVE what I want to send you. And...they tried their damndest to send us to the wrong place for the Case Management conference. We filed our Case Management Statement and for some reason, poof, the case is dismissed.

W&A can be defeated if you challenge them. Their filings are so vague and generic that a first quarter paralegal student could do a better job of putting one together.

#4 Consumer Suggestion

statute of limitations ar up!

AUTHOR: Rachel - (U.S.A.)

They can't sue ya, I believe the statute of limitations are up on that case.

Also, some good advice with them proving the debt is yours also to your favor. If you have to...go to court...make them prove the debt is yours but before you go through all that...raise the stature of limitations...if it's up, case dismissed!

I beat wolpoff and abramson

AUTHOR: Wtr - (U.S.A.)

they had a judgement against me for two years. i went down to the civil court, researched the file. then i filed an order to show cause which was granted. Then i sent them a certified letter asking them to validate the debt. and that I find them in direct violation of the FTC statues and the must cease and desist on collection and have all reported information removed from my credit report including the judgement against me. They agreed drop the case ect. If anyone on this forum needs a copy of the letter i sent them email me.

This is how lucrative this business is for these lowlife bottomfeeders.

You still might be able to stay the judgement, if you can prove there was something such as improper service, or a material misrepresentation, etc..

Get a lawyer from the NACA to work on it for you. this can be done very cheap and sometimes free.

There are still alot of ways you can screw them.

Great Seneca are some real lowlife scumbags, as are those "attorneys" they use. Those dumb asses couldnt find the inside of a courtroom if they fell through the roof!