Complaint Review: Great Sports

• Updated: Thu, April 12, 2012

• Reported By: Thomas — Kissimmee Florida United States of America
Great Sports
2108 McDonough St Joliet, Illinois United States of America

Great Sports saferwholesale.com, globaltrailer.net Selling 3yr old equipment, will not honor 1 year warranty, send incorrect parts, rude service personel, bad business Joliet, Illinois

This company is BAD.  Selling old outdated scooters.  On February 5th of 2011 I purchased a 2010 model 150cc scooter and got a 2008 model.  When I tried to return it they said all sales final.  Would not start out of crate.  Had shipping damage as well.  Great Sports sent me to a local scooter repair shop, Green Machine, this is a poor excuse for a business as well.  I spent over $750.00 to get scooter running fair.

I had to rewire entire electrical system myself just to get it to run correctly.  Matt, the parts department manager at Great sports said they would reimburse me for these initial repairs.  After three months of calling and waiting for reimbursement, they went from $750.00 to $150.00 then to $50.00.  I never got a dime reimbursed for initial repairs.  It took three monts to get an MSO for titling.  Now the motor siezed, while still under warranty time limit and they will not honor warranty.

They had the motor for repairs fo4 three months before telling me they would not honor warranty. I had to pay 1/2 the cost of a new motor they stated.  They told me the reason for motor sieze was lack of oil flow in the crankcase.  Sounds like a defective oil pump to me. I changed the engine oil 7 times and the gear oil 3 times in the 6 months this vehicle was on the street.  I have filed a complaint with the Illinois Attorney General.  This was my titled, licensed and insured means of transportation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/12/2012 03:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Great-Sports/Joliet-Illinois-60436/Great-Sports-saferwholesalecom-globaltrailernet-Selling-3yr-old-equipment-will-not-hon-867734. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Great Sports