Complaint Review: Great-West Retirement Services

• Updated: Tue, December 03, 2013

• Reported By: Donald L. Fulcher — Port St Lucie Florida
Great-West Retirement Services
8515 E. Orchard Road, Greenwood Village, Co 80111 , Select State/Province USA

Great-West Retirement Services Great-West Financial Great West Retirement Services has made it extremely difficult to move my husbands IRA to TDAmeritrade. Greenwood Village Colorado

Great West Restirement Services has the most confusing forms to prepare and fax to them as I have ever seen.  I feel they use these forms as a tool to keep your money as long as they possibly can!  They emailed me two sets of forms to fill out at first we were going to just roll over to TD Ameritrade 500 dollars and the balance a cash distribution.  But after multiple attempts to fill out the forms then fax them, all based on their instructions to fill out these forms.  They kept demanding that we fill out an Application for the IRA that they held.  I've told them, we are not filling out an application with you, Period!  All we want to do now is rollover my husbands IRA to TD Ameritrade.  It has been over a month and the more we talk to them the more aggrevated we get.  Just move the IRA totally to TD Ameritrade.

Finally after getting a supervisor to help me, he said we had all the forms filled out to move the IRA and now they are waiting on Letter of Acceptance from TD Ameritrade. [continued below]....

.....  After waiting almost a month, we get a package in the mail  stating they havent received our enrollment form, and in order for your distribution to be completed we require the enrollment form to be completed.

I had worked in Accounting Admin Government for over 28 years.  My last position was Internal Control, which these nincompoops dont have.

They also say we need to fill out the distribution method on page one of the distribution for.  And that Acceptance paperwork is required from TD Ameritrade 1st National Bank of Ommaha.  Then of Course this statement "All changes/eroorrs must be initialed.  Then also tp cpmtact tje Cistp,er Servoce De[t wotj tje [jhone number listed on the last page of the form.

So what that supervisor told me were lies, that we wouldnt have to deal with these idiots at Great West anymore.  What is the matter with these idiots.

So I called TD Ameritrade and besided the Letter of Acceptance Great-West wants TD Ameritrade to fax them all the forms I previously sent to Great West.  I could type alot more, but I'm tired.

Tomorrow I will fax TD Ameritrade all the papers I faxed to Great West to Roll over the IRA to TD Americtrade.  As much confusions, double talking,filling out their forms in the spaces they told me to fill out, we are no closer to getting this money away from them and into an IRA governed by TD Ameritrade.

Somebody help us, these people are professional stallers!  I gave up another time a year of two back as dealing with Great WEst is so frustrating, I couldnt deal with them until this November!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2013 10:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Great-West-Retirement-Services/Select-StateProvince/Great-West-Retirement-Services-Great-West-Financial-Great-West-Retirement-Services-has-ma-1104153. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Great-West Retirement Services