Complaint Review: GreatFurnitureDeals.com

• Submitted: Wed, April 09, 2014
  • Updated: Wed, April 09, 2014

• Reported By: Thearh — Dallas Texas
Internet USA

GreatFurnitureDeals.com Great Furniture Deals, Five Star Source, GreatRugDeals.com, fivestarsource.com Late Deliver, lost parts, unable to complete deliver, refusal to assist in any way. Horrible customer service, refused to refund even though they couldn't do the delivery I paid for. Orem Ut

This is one of worst customer service experiences I have ever had. Prior to buying the product, I contacted this company well before I needed it. I told them when I would like to have it arrive, they gave me a 5 day range when I should order it. I ordered it on the first day of the range they provided. A week after my expected deliver, I contacted them as the product was still in transit. I received areally nasty customer service rep. I was told it was just slightly over the delivery range provided on their website (it was already 25% over the estimated delivery time) and that I would just have to wait. I asked when it would be delivered, they couldn't give me that information. I asked about canceling and they told me that the fees for canceling would be almost as much as I spent. With no other choices, I waited.

Almost two more weeks later, I finally get contacted by the local delivery company. I set up delivery on the first day available. When the product arrives, they were unable to complete the "White Glove Delivery" that I paid extra for, as some parts were missing. While the delivery company was still at my house, I called Greatfurnituredeals.com and was treated so poorly. I was told that they couldn't give me an estimate of how long it would take to get the parts. I asked what they could do from a customer service standpoint, and I was told nothing. Then I said, fine and I informed the rep, that I just would refuse delivery, at which time the rep said again, the fees would be almost as much as I paid.

After debating for twenty minutes, I finally offered to pay for the white "White Glove" delivery as a comprise, even though it went against everything I believe about customer service as this was in no way my fault, again, I was told no. Being very frustrated and seeing that I wasn't getting anywhere, I told the rep that I would just contact the credit card company. The rep then informed me that if I did, I would be turned over to collections and it would be put on my credit. I couldn't believe it. I begged the rep to work with me only to have a cold flat no. She told me things go wrong and I would have to deal with it. I was flabbergasted.

I contacted my credit card company and they refunded me in full. I can't help but think, they could have easily resolved this had they shown any flexibility at all, especially since every problem was on their or their contracted service providers' end. I would never shop with them again, nor would I recommend themto anyone else. SHOPPERS BEWARE! Don't shop at Great Furniture Deals, Great Rug Deals or Five Star Source. Had I investigated more, I would have found other customers have had similar experiences.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/09/2014 07:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GreatFurnitureDealscom/internet/GreatFurnitureDealscom-Great-Furniture-Deals-Five-Star-Source-GreatRugDealscom-fives-1137462. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GreatFurnitureDeals.com