Complaint Review: Green Acres

• Submitted: Wed, August 11, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, August 11, 2010

• Reported By: Greg — ,maryville Tennessee U.S.A.
Green Acres
908 Hillside Drive Louisville, Tennessee United States of America

Green Acres Ripped Off by Green Acres & Charlotte Taylor Louisville, Tennessee

My husband was hit by a drunk driver and left paralyzed and in a wheelchair.  We have received so much help from so many, it is so hard to believe someone would resort to this.

I left 7 formal/prom dresses with Charlotte Taylor. I have a receipt signed by Adam. The dresses were to be sold on consignment. I have made numerous attempts to collect the money I am owed, or obtain my dresses. After numerous phone conversations with Charlotte, assuring me "honey i'm not trying to keep your dresses or your money, I just need more time to see how many I've sold." On Saturday June 5, 2010, I stopped by Charlotte's business at Green Acres. She had still not found my dressses. I looked through all the dresses and found one of the 7 dresses. I expected to get paid for the other 6 dresses. Charlotte said she needed to go through her receipts to see what had been sold. She had already had several weeks to do so. She got upset and loud. I told her that I should have been given the opportrunity to pick up my dresses before she took them to the flea market. (One of the dresses was a $200. dreess wore one time) She got angrier, started screaming and making a scene. So I left.

A few days later I contacted Charlotte again, and was told "no wonder i couldn't find your dresses, I've sold several of them." She said she owed me about $80.00 and more if she couldn't locate the rest of my dresses. Again, she assured me she just needed more time. On June 29, 2010 I called her and we agreed to meet at 1:00 pm. at Green Acres parking lot to pay me for the dresses. She was not there. I called her and she appeared to be on the way. She never showed up. I tried again to call Charlotte and she would not answer her phone and has not contacted me.

I called Green Acres at 865-681-4433 and left messages for Mike, the owner and he has not returned my calls. I am owed between $100-150. I am going to use every means possible to warn the public.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/11/2010 01:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Green-Acres/Louisville-Tennessee-37777/Green-Acres-Ripped-Off-by-Green-Acres-Charlotte-Taylor-Louisville-Tennessee-630686. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Green Acres