Complaint Review: Green Acres

• Submitted: Thu, January 30, 2003
  • Updated: Sun, February 20, 2005

• Reported By:Scottsdfale Arizona
Green Acres
Hayden Rd, Scottsdale AZ Scottsdale, Alaska U.S.A.

Green Acres Overcharged me for funeral plan consumer rip-off fraud Scottsdale AZScottsdale Alaska

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Something's not right

My parent, had lived in FL, and had relocated to Scottsdale, AZ. They had purchased a pre-paid funeral plan. Plan was supposed to be transferable.

They had owned the plan over 8 years. When I tried to get the plan transfered, they gave me 100% credit for the burial plot. But the credit they gave me was exactly what I had paid. Now I had to purchace the exact same plot, but now it cost me $4,500 more. So much for completely transferable.

The originating location gave me 100% credit on what I had paid, but was now able to take the ploty that I returned back to them and now sell it at the new inflated price, but the new location made me paid the new price.

Seems like if I am giving back an increased valued plot I should get credit for that increased value.

I was getting the same exact plot and services and ow had to pay ampost the same as the original price.

Nelson
Scottsdfale, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2003 11:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Green-Acres/Scottsdale-Alaska-85260/Green-Acres-Overcharged-me-for-funeral-plan-consumer-rip-off-fraud-Scottsdale-AZScottsdale-43410. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Green Acres

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Something's not right

AUTHOR: Randy - (U.S.A.)

Your problem with Green Acres (owned by SCI) doesn't sound like normal procedure. The company has a space for space transfer policy. Was the cemetery property in Florida a SCI firm?