Complaint Review: Green Coffee Extract

• Updated: Tue, July 23, 2013

• Reported By: bill smith — Brooklyn New York
Green Coffee Extract
Internet USA

Green Coffee Extract hacked into my wife's email and sent sales pitches to all her email contacts St George Utah

*Consumer Comment: May not be as serious

My wife ordered bottles of Coffee Green Bean Extract pills from Green Coffee Extract which were dully delivered.  Shortly thereafter she received an email from a friend saying that the friend had received an email apparently from my wife indicating that she recommended the product to the friend, the friend immediately warned my wife that her email had been hacked and details of her gmail contacts used to send out similar emails in my wife's name.  Indeed she began to receive similar emails from other friends.  When I tried to contact the supplier all I could get from their sales agents was a PO Box number in St George Utah and an email address, the agent could not or would not give me a telephone number.

I will be monitoring my Amex account to ensure I receive no further charges from this Company, both my wife and I have changed our gmail passwords.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2013 09:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Green-Coffee-Extract/internet/Green-Coffee-Extract-hacked-into-my-wifes-email-and-sent-sales-pitches-to-all-her-email-1069334. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Green Coffee Extract

May not be as serious

AUTHOR: MochaG - ()

In your report, you did not mention whether your wife friend saying that the email was sent under her email or impersonated her.

If it is the latter, it is not as bad as you think. They might have a backend that ask your wife to click on something in order to allow them to pull out her email's contact list. It is similar to many other social network site (i.e. Facebook, LinkedIn, etc). As a result, they get all of your wife's email contact from her email. Then they send out an email impersonated her to all of her contacts.

If it is the former, it is more serious but may not be extremely bad. You should check for virus/worm on all of your computers, and then your wife will need to change the password. Usually, each virus/worm will target only a certain task because it needs to be kept as small and minimal activity as it can, or an anti-virus could easily detect the unintended activities. By the way, do NOT use any online service companies to do the check up. You should use your local anti-virus software to check and clean your computer. There are plenty of software for this task. I usually use MalwareBytes and TDKiller to do the task.

Hope this help...