Complaint Review: Green Dot Corporation

• Submitted: Thu, August 11, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, August 17, 2011

• Reported By: Anonymous — Sacramento California U.S.A.
Green Dot Corporation
P.O. Box 1187 Monrovia, California United States of America

Green Dot Corporation MyGreenDot, GreenDot Card Scam, Don't keep your money on these! Monrovia, California

*Consumer Comment: BBB?

*Consumer Comment: 163 REPORTS TODAY!

*UPDATE Employee: Green Dot Corporation Response

Awhile back I decided to put some cash onto a GreenDot card to pay some bills. I ended up purchasing a "prepaid card" to reload my main card.

A time passed before I got to load the prepaid card onto my main card. Upon trying to cash out the prepaid card, I was denied- someone had already cashed the prepaid card out.

I contacted the company and filed a report, only to be denied re-imbursement of my own money! BBB could not help, as the company made up some excuse!

I'm out $375 because of these people! This is a scam they run and they are getting away with it!

Please be careful when working with this company and their products, they don't have any security process for this scenario.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/11/2011 02:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Green-Dot-Corporation/Monrovia-California-91097/Green-Dot-Corporation-MyGreenDot-GreenDot-Card-Scam-Dont-keep-your-money-on-these-Monr-763904. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Green Dot Corporation

BBB?

AUTHOR: Curt D - (United States of America)

Didn't you know that GreenDOT has the BBB in their pocket?

AND

Theres 149 reports on this board alone!
I also filed my complaint with the BBB. To that end, Greendot first stated why they closed my account (discrimination because I live in an apartment complex) but their final response? We can do what ever the hell we want! Not in those exact words but, might as well have been. ("we can close any account for any reason what so ever") Nothing came out of the BBB report but, I am pursuing another avenue. Or maybe, they would like to be on, Judge Alex and explain to the world what they mean by a person living in an apartment complex is "sharing my personal information"? So, I'm out of pocket $75 in rental late fees and a damaged credit, since I was given an eviction notice. What can the just compensation be for that? $25? Really? Here, take alook at my BBB complaint and, what they said! http://www.labbb.org/DV.aspx?BBBDOC=gn5VM/6zMmU=

163 REPORTS TODAY!

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

You shills better keep busy!

Green Dot Corporation Response

AUTHOR: Green Dot Corporation - (USA)

We are truly sorry for your experience. Green Dot is committed to offering our Customers the best value for their money. We never charge overdraft, penalty, per purchase or customer service fees. Our customers dont pay a monthly maintenance fee in any month they make at least 30 purchases or load $1000. Plus Direct Deposit reloads and cash withdrawals at thousands of participating Moneypass ATMs are FREE! We have done our best to highlight our simple fee plan and card guidelines by clearly posting them on our card packaging and website. We have issued over 10 million cards.  We have an A+ rating with the better business bureau and Green Dot Prepaid cards are FDIC insured. You can learn more by visiting our website at www.greendot.com.