Complaint Review: Green Dot Corporation

• Submitted: Tue, June 12, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, June 15, 2012

• Reported By: Amy — Richwood Texas United States of America
Green Dot Corporation

Green Dot Corporation green dot prepaid debit cards Green Dot illegaly drafted my social security disability check from my debit card and transfer it to green dot card Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Green Dot Corporation Response

Like other people I am a victim of an unethical financial institution if you can call it that way.  On May 5th 2012 I received a letter from the social security office saying that my benefits will be deposited to a new debit card account as I requested. This was an alarming surprise for me due to the fact that I did not request any changes on my Disability account. I called the social security office to inquire about my disability check not being deposited to my direct express debit card and they inform me that my check was deposited in to my new Green Dot prepaid debit card and that such request was processed online.

I went to my local Social Security Administration Office on the next business day in an atempt to recuperate my money, at the SSA office they confirmed to me that Green Dot had transfer my disability money to one of their prepaid debit cards via online process.

I want to say that I am not the only victim of this type of fraud from Green Dot  or some individual asiciated with this corporation as I discover reading other reports in this website.

Until today June 12th 2012 I have not received my benefits money and the SSA office had put a lock on my benefits account. They are trying to contact Green Dot to request the return of my money but is impossible to contact a human being at Green Dot's customer service telephone line.

Thanks to all of you that took time to read my case and I hope this fraud gets investigated until severe punishment is delivered to the guilty corporation or individual responsible for keeping my family in hunger and close to being evicted.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2012 07:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Green-Dot-Corporation/internet/Green-Dot-Corporation-green-dot-prepaid-debit-cards-Green-Dot-illegaly-drafted-my-social-s-896687. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Green Dot Corporation

Green Dot Corporation Response

AUTHOR: Green Dot Corporation - (USA)

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. If a request was processed with your personal information and benefits information to deposit funds to a Green Dot prepaid debit card without authorization, we will work to help return the funds to the rightful recipient. Please send an email to customer.advocacy@greendotcorp.com with your name, a reliable phone number and a brief description of your issue. We will review and contact you to further assist.