• Report: #982060

P.O. Box 1187 Monrovia, California United States of America

Green Dot Prepaid Card Bad Business Monrovia, California

*Author of original report: Green dot Prepaid card

*UPDATE Employee: Green Dot Corporation Response

On December 11, 2012 I purchased what I thought was a Green DOT money pack voucher. When I called to Activate the card I was told that it was a prepaid card. I explain to the customer services that this was the wrong card and what could they to help me resolved this issue.  They gave me a few options which one was crazy...  They stated for me to call my bank and asked them to transfer the money from the card to my account.  Secondly I could receive a refund but it would be 9-12 business before I receive it in the mail... The third option would be have it expedited with in 2-3 business at my cost of -$19.95.  I chose to have it expedited. So, I decided to call on Wednesday to get a tracking number for FEDX.  They stated that they didn't have a tracking number for Thursday and I would be receiving my refund.  Thursday came it was no refund...  I called today Friday December 14th because for todays I been giving the run around... I spoke with a Supervisor and she advised me... They didn't process my claim on the 11th while I filed the claim...  Please keep in mind... I just purchased the card so I had no transactions on it but they processed my claim on the 13th of December... So, instead of receiving my refund on the 14th I actually be receiving it on the 18th. Not only is that unacceptable but it's bad business..  I paid for a services that I did not receive. Customer Service gave me bad information and clearly the supervisor I dealt with to process my claim on December 11th didn't tell the truth either.  I'm filing this complaint because I felt people need to know what the process really is if this ever happen to you...   It's better to wait for it to be mailed. That way you don't lose a dime and you won't have to worry about the lies being told to get you off the phone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2012 10:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Green-Dot-Prepaid-Card/Monrovia-California-91017/Green-Dot-Prepaid-Card-Bad-Business-Monrovia-California-982060. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Green Dot Prepaid Card

Green dot Prepaid card

AUTHOR: Cathy Neal - (USA)

It amazes me how you can provide and answer and the customer service support team you have to represent your company didn't explain the process. Your policy you have in place is horrible and it's very sad that the consumer has to result to this.

Green Dot Corporation Response

AUTHOR: Green Dot Corporation - (USA)

If you requested an expedited refund through Fed-Ex, a tracking number will not be available until after the refund check is created and sent. Please contact customer support using the number on the back of your card if you would like an update on your refund status.