Complaint Review: Green Dot Prepaid MC

• Submitted: Mon, February 23, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, February 23, 2009

• Reported By:Royal Palm Beach Florida
Green Dot Prepaid MC
P.O. Box 1187 Monrovia, California U.S.A.

Green Dot Prepaid MC Three charges in 1 minute when first 2 were declined using PIN, Credit went through 3rd time Monrovia California

On Feb 10th. I went to 7-11 and made a purchase for $11.37. I used my card and entered my PIN. It was declined. Say what? It can't be declined if there is money in the account. I tried again. Declined. So the 7-11 worker said let's try credit. It went through. Hmmm. 20 minutes later. I went to Discount Auto parts to buy brakes. Transaction was declined using PIN. I said use credit. I explained I just had a problem at 7-11 using the PIN. It went through using credit.

I came home and went online. All 5 transactions went through. I called Green Dot right then and was told a refund would be applied on the 17th. 7 days later for no fault of mine. The 17th came and no reversals.

5 phone calls and they insist the merchant was paid. They can see the time the transactions were made. But they say write a letter. For what? It was their computer error. Why would I buy $11.37 of goods 3 times in less than a minute. And buy rear brakes twice when I only have 2 rear wheels.

I even called Columbia Bank & Trust were my direct dposit goes to. They can't help either. They are just Green Dot's account and card issuer.

Stay away. They wont help you. Just a song and a dance around the issue. The manager of 7-11 is going to follow up with their finance department, as well as Discount Auto Parts.

Dolfan
Royal Palm Beach, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2009 09:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Green-Dot-Prepaid-MC/Monrovia-California-91017/Green-Dot-Prepaid-MC-Three-charges-in-1-minute-when-first-2-were-declined-using-PIN-Credi-427399. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Green Dot Prepaid MC