Complaint Review: Green Dot Prepaid Visa And Master Card

• Submitted: Sat, August 01, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, August 01, 2009

• Reported By:westminster California
Green Dot Prepaid Visa And Master Card
Po Box 1187 Monrovia California 91017 Los Angeles, California U.S.A.

Green Dot Prepaid Visa And Master Card funds withheld from customer illegally Los Angeles California

*Consumer Comment: I have to ask

I have made several attempts at resolving a problem with this co. Nordstroms returned a shoe for me on 7-13-09 with store manager approval for the return. I had lost the original receipt but it is policy for Nordstrom's to not require it's customers to have a receipt. Managers are allowed to override and return or exchange without question, so long as the merchandise is current and unworn. I met the criteria for return and placed the credit on my green dot card.

Unknowingly the funds were held from me and questioned as fraud. Where I am concerned is why would the original merchant not be concerned with fraud but my green dot was concerned. I just do not see the logic. I am entitled to my funds and have beeen waiting for a month. Every call I've made has got me no where and all employees were rude and very deceiving. I asked for confirmation for my complaint and a reference contact for the "manager" I was dealing with and was given irrelevant numbers and no last names.

Only first name and no title of the representative helping me. I even had Nordstom's on three way to assist me and still was not helped. Even the Nordstom's employee became frustrated with my rep from green dot and agreed this is improper customer treatment. I do not know where else to go my next thought is to contact corporate or physically go to their location. I am not going to stop until I am given justice. This is highly unprofessional and quite frankly insulting and degrating.

I have never been so upset and so frustrated and I feel like Green dot stole my money and didn't follow thru on investigation or assisting me with any progress. I was on hold forever and pushed around to people claiming to be managers and yet I have no resolve to my problem. So I am going to pursue them at all levels to stand up for other who have been mistreated this is unethical and very distasteful. I will be following up on this daily until it is resolved otherwise I am forced to pursue legal action. As to the money is not theirs and can not be held from me and I should not be unable to close the account and retrieve my funds. Very pissed customer who is willing to fight.

Unkown
westminster, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/01/2009 03:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Green-Dot-Prepaid-Visa-And-Master-Card/Los-Angeles-California/Green-Dot-Prepaid-Visa-And-Master-Card-funds-withheld-from-customer-illegally-Los-Angeles-475610. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Green Dot Prepaid Visa And Master Card

I have to ask

AUTHOR: Susan - (U.S.A.)

If you can afford to buy shoes at Nordstroms, why do you use a Prepaid card?

You also said "Nordstroms returned a shoe for me on 7-13-09 with store manager approval for the return."

A Shoe? Really? Was it the left or right?