Complaint Review: Green Dot

• Reported By: anonymous — Ashland Illinois
Green Dot

Green Dot Poor Customer Service Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Green Dot Corporation Response

Recently I purchased a Green Dot Credit Card and loaded $$ on it.  During the process of loading the $$ and registering myself as a customer (required), Green Dot advised the card was temporary and that a permanent card would be mailed to me.  Today I purchased a money pak to load more $$ but have not received the permanent card.  Forgetting the card I had was temporary (my mistake, I take responsibility for that), i attempted to load the new $$ on the card.  The transaction (via telephone) ended with me being told the refund would be mailed to me within 7-10 days.  What??  So, I called Green Dot Customer Service.  Other than I apologize, I understand (nearly impossible to hold a conversation with someone who cant comprehend what you are asking), I was not provided any remedy.  I was told the refund had already been sent (within 5 minutes time a check was cut and mailed? I doubt it).  I asked to speak with a supervisor who offered no help either.  I asked if I could go purchase a new temporary card and load the $$ I just bought.  Again, I was told no, a refund had already been sent.  I then asked why I had not received the permanent card from Green Dot (as previously promised).  I was informed that a permanent card was not sent because Green Dot did not have my name from the prior transaction.....Remember, when you purchase a Green Dot card, you are required to register......this is unacceptable, i have a bill due tomorrow and now no way to pay it because Green Dot refuses to do anything other than send a refund (within7-10 days).  Yes, my fault for forgetting about not having a permanent card.  My complaint has to do with the total lack of customer service on the part of Green Dot over not sending a permanent card (as promised) and not following up with contacting me due to the registration issue they claim.  Funny, they new my name but claimed they couldn't send the permanent card because they didnt have it....they had my email address and telephone number....this is unacceptable.  I own a small business and would have no business at all if my customer service was this poor!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2013 06:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Green-Dot/internet/Green-Dot-Poor-Customer-Service-Internet-1042598. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Green Dot

Green Dot Corporation Response

AUTHOR: Green Dot Corporation - ()

Federal law requires us to obtain, verify and record information that identifies customers before they register a card. This includes your name, address, date of birth, Social Security number and other information.  If we are unable to verify your information or the information matches information with previous negative experience, we would not be able to register a personalized reloadable debit card. If we have processed a refund, we are not able to reverse it. If you would like to have a representative from our corporate office contact you regarding your account, please email Customer.Advocacy@greendot.com with your name, phone number, ticket number (if you were provided one) and a brief description of your issue. We will review and contact you to assist.

utopian