Complaint Review: Green Dot

• Updated: Wed, November 23, 2011

• Reported By: sbrown546 — Detroit Michigan United States of America
Green Dot
P.O. Box 1966 Internet United States of America

Green Dot Ready Debit This company steals your money by charging a fee for almost everything. It is difficult to close an account. Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Green Dot Corporation Response

*Consumer Comment: Green Dot

I recently ordered a Ready Debit card because I was trying to avoid pricey bank fees. I was unaware that this company/debit card would charge so many fees. For the intital load/use, I ended up paying over $15.00 (9.95 for the activation and over $5 for loading and making one transaction under $60.00).  It costs $.95 for every transaction made without a PIN, but I was never assign a PIN for the card. The monthly fee is about $4.00 and I could go on and on. Some of the fees the company charge were not listed on the list I was aware of. I have tried to cancel this card and was charged $2.00 to speak with a live representative. When the line was turned over, there was an automated service claiming the office was closed at that time. I am very upset and I need help cancelling this account before I go into debt with all the fees.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/22/2011 08:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Green-Dot/internet/Green-Dot-Ready-Debit-This-company-steals-your-money-by-charging-a-fee-for-almost-everyth-801024. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Green Dot

Green Dot Corporation Response

AUTHOR: Green Dot Corporation - (USA)

Green Dot Corporation is not part of the Ready Debit company. We do not charge a fee per transaction. The card can be purchased and activated for $4.95 at a retailer near you or for free if you order it online on our website, www.greendot.com. The monthly maintenance fee is $5.95, but we will waive it when you load $1, 000.00 in a month or make 30 transactions in a month. Our fees are all clearly stated on the package or on our website, it is a simple, minimal and straght forward fee structure. We also have options to avoid most fees. If you would like more information, visit our website.

Green Dot

AUTHOR: Lorenzen - (U.S.A.)

Go find yourself a 12 year old and have him/her read the instructions/agreement that you received with your card.  That should do it.  Cretin.