Complaint Review: Green Heat

• Updated: Mon, October 17, 2011

• Reported By: Slois — Pacifica United States of America
Green Heat
1232 78th Ave. Oakland, California United States of America

Green Heat Green Heat Air-Duct Cleaning, Carpets, A/C.... all SCAMS !! Oakland, California

*Author of original report: Update on Green Heat ~ POSITIVE !

Beware of phone calls to clean your air ducts!  They advertise it for $59.99 and the actual bill came to $1,112 !!  They arrived @ 11AM looked at my heating system and said, "It can't be cleaned, but let's see what we can do for you."  While technician "Jack" looked and tore up my insulation, he told a young man still in braces to clean the dryer vent. He opened the heating blower and cleaned it (took about 30 minutes at most).  The date; 2/9/11.

He then found a dead rodent, Pacifica has problems with Norwegian Rats and said, "Bad, bad news. Now I have to sanitize, that will be $250 more. I thought OK, there's my Grandchildren to think about. They sold me an electrostatic filter...another $125. I was OK with that too.

After 2 hrs. he handed me the bill of all bills!  $1,112 !!!!!  And NO clean vents! He refused a credit card, which is more consumer friendly. Insisted upon a check.  As he left, I called the office. I complained to no avail. Was told they would call back, HA !

I continued to call and got the run around.  He finally said, "OK, we want you be happy (not typo)"My boss said we will refund half your money,we want good business".  I waited, waited and waited.....no check. I called again, he was not happy and said it was mailed 2 weeks ago. Nope!

I requested it via Fed Ex. Again, he said he mailed it. THAT never came. However a check did, dated 2/22 received on 3/3. It was for $165. That's HALF of over $1,000? With it,, a bogus receipt to boot! Totally different from the 1st one. BEWARE of calls from Ben Avraham, the caller ID, not Green Heat.

I am a retired Special Ed teacher that had to retire at 59 due to back problems. I NEED my money! My Mortage was late, etc. Watch out for these people! Very similar to Continental Movers/Fast Lane.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2011 07:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Green-Heat/Oakland-California-94621/Green-Heat-Green-Heat-Air-Duct-Cleaning-Carpets-AC-all-SCAMS-Oakland-Californi-703501. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Green Heat

Update on Green Heat ~ POSITIVE !

AUTHOR: Slois - (United States of America)

I apparently wrote this report when this all happened. Since I can not "take it off" (which one should be able to do!)  I wanted to update the experience, as when I did get to speak to the owner and met her, she was very understanding and what I didn't know was that this company was bought from an existing one.

It was the 'existing' employees that were actually the ones that were responsible for the mess I got myself into. They are now gone and I wanted to retract my statement, since the owners have been kind enough to refund much of what I paid.

They are truly sorry for my experience and it was a pleasure to speak to the owner. PLEASE pay no attention to the initial report. They're good people.

respective