Complaint Review: Green Tree, Conseco Mortgage

• Submitted: Thu, February 10, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, February 10, 2005

• Reported By:Port St John Florida
Green Tree, Conseco Mortgage
PO Box 6172 Rapid City, South Dakota U.S.A.

Green Tree Conseco Mortgage Customer Harassment & Terrible Business Practices Ripoff Rapid City South Dakota

Customer harassment seems to be the mantra of this company! It's business practices are appalling! You NEVER get a call from someone who is understanding or professional. It seems they teach their employees to be indignant and abusive! I have a mobile home loan with these so called Mortgage Lenders and found out that when my Greenpoint Credit Home Loan was sold to Green Tree it was actually sold to a Debt Collection Company, Green Tree / Conseco, which is headquartered in St. Paul, Minnesota with the Consumer Service part of the business in Rapid City, SD. They hold over 700,000 mobile home loans in the United States at this time.

My problem with them is that even though I am not "late" until the 15th of the month I start getting calls from them on the 10th of each month. Right now my son who has a chronic illness is living in my mobile home and I am trying to keep the payments up for him to be able to stay there until his SSI is approved. I have been late but never more then a few weeks! My son has no income or assets and I am doing the best I can for him. I am retired and don't have much money, but when I see him suffering I feel it is the least I can do to keep a roof over his head. This company could care less! I have sent them a letter to not call me as I am not very healthy either and can't take their insults but it did no good. I hope someone will place a class action suit against this company for its terrible practices!

Cocoa, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2005 09:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Green-Tree-Conseco-Mortgage/Rapid-City-South-Dakota-57709/Green-Tree-Conseco-Mortgage-Customer-Harassment-Terrible-Business-Practices-Ripoff-Rapid-130871. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Green Tree, Conseco Mortgage