Complaint Review: Green Tree, Conseco

• Submitted: Sat, February 03, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, February 03, 2007

• Reported By:marysville Washington
Green Tree, Conseco
345 St Peter Saint Paul, Minnesota U.S.A.

Green Tree, Conseco multiple tax filing, tryint to write debt off twice, incorrect credit reporting Ripoff Saint Paul Minnesota

I have had a nightmare dealing with this company since 1999, after years of back and forth comunications between green tree aka conseco, my states attorney generals office and real estate attorneys we finally deeded the house back to them to be rid of the mess in 2002. debt of home was originally written off in a 1099-c tax form in 2003. we delt with the irs thought all was fianlly taken care of and have just recieved another 1099-c tax form from green tree which shows the loan being cancelled in 2006 under a different account number( but for same amount of money). I tried calling to report their error but was told to talk to my tax advisor. I did, you can not file this form twice ( they are trying to write their debt off twice) so I have filed out a tax fraud form and sent this to the irs with all of my copies of original information. Also I don't know if others have had this problem but about twice a year I have to check my credit reoports because this company continues to report wrong information about my account. I get the information removed and then something new pops up ( a new balance originally owed, new account numbers etc) Nightmare co. STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!!

Amber
marysville, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/03/2007 12:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Green-Tree-Conseco/Saint-Paul-Minnesota-55102/Green-Tree-Conseco-multiple-tax-filing-tryint-to-write-debt-off-twice-incorrect-credit-234248. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Green Tree, Conseco