Complaint Review: Green Tree Data

• Submitted: Sat, July 05, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, July 05, 2008

• Reported By:Herndon Virginia
Green Tree Data
PO Box 50480 Minneapolis, Minnesota U.S.A.

Greentreedata Green Tree Data Billed me for two months of services never ordered/authorized by me Minneapolis Minnesota

In my June telephone bill, I noticed that Greentreedata had charged me for two months of services that I had never authorized or subscribed to. In fact, I had no idea who greentreedata was until I Googled them.

When I called them to inquire about these charges to my phone number, I was given the name of a relative who hasn't lived with me or shared my telephone for several years, and who also had no knowledge of this company or its services.

The company was not willing to void the fraudulent charges, but simply asked whether I wished to cancel their service, which I did. I had to specifically request a cancellation confirmation number from them to ensure that this was done.

In the meantime, I am still stuck with the tab for two months of services ($8.23/mo.) that were in fact never received.

I reported this to my telephone company as well, and am still waiting to see what (if anything) they can do about it.

I would recommend everyone closely monitor their phone bills to make sure that they don't get caught up in the same scam.

Kevin
Herndon, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2008 09:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Green-Tree-Data/Minneapolis-Minnesota-55405/Greentreedata-Green-Tree-Data-Billed-me-for-two-months-of-services-never-orderedauthorize-347663. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Green Tree Data