Complaint Review: Green Tree Financial

• Submitted: Wed, December 29, 2004
  • Updated: Sat, July 02, 2005

• Reported By:White River South Dakota
Green Tree Financial
800 Landmark Towers St. Paul, Minnesota U.S.A.

Green Tree Financial, Conseco, Tim EXt. 64916 charging me for insurance which is included in payment harasses me if im one day late Ripoff Mendota Heights Minnesota

*Author of original report: Suckered us into different Loan

*Author of original report: I am now going to Tribal court to see on an appeal. They even refused payment..

Green tree has been rude, threatening and overcharging. we bought a mobile home for $50,000 and put $10,000 down and did payments of $573 a month which also included our insurance payment.

so we would have home insurance.

In oct 2004 we inquired about taking the insurance out so that I could find a affordable home insurance. so I asked Tim and he would look into

two weeks later we get a letter saying we are 2 years behind or havent paid home insurace for two years. yet we paid our $573 monthly payment and I admit our payment history isn't all that great.

I wont go into that now. now they are raising our payments to $689 to pay insurance. in november tim said we were late for oct, and nov. the reason for late fees is due to my divorce

My november statement says i now owe insurace fees of $355. the pay off amount for our $40,000 mobile home is now $58,000

i am in the process of foreclosure becuase i am 3 months behind... but when these people call 5 times a day who wants to be harassed 5 times a day.

can they raise my payment and charge extra for insurance....

Bonney
White River, South Dakota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2004 01:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Green-Tree-Financial/St-Paul-Minnesota/Green-Tree-Financial-Conseco-Tim-EXt-64916-charging-me-for-insurance-which-is-included-124905. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Green Tree Financial

Suckered us into different Loan

AUTHOR: Bonney - (U.S.A.)

we just found out through our attorney that Conseco aka Greentree did not tell us that we were signing a Neg-Am Loan. which is not legal.....our attorney states that this was supposed to be explained according to our contract by the time our 30 year is up will have paid $150,000 in finance charges which means we paid $200,000 on our $45,000 home. this company made a profit of $150,000 without informing us the type of loan they had set us up on.

we refused to pay due to this discovery so now we have 14 days to vacate.....this company is a rip off and they need to be stopped. we found an attorney who is going to help us get our home back and out of this rip off company....

Beware people.....this company our money hungry and dont care who they have to hurt.

AUTHOR: Bonney - (U.S.A.)

Green Tree filed a default of judgement against my husband and co-signer in Tribal Court. Our home is located on State land and not on tribal land. Also they didnt give us the court date so that we may attend the hearing.

We made a $1900 payment which puts me 2 months behind now. we made the agreement with Tim at the Minnesota office. He said if we made a payment by March 31st they would call off the hearing. They lied!

I am now going to Tribal court to see on an appeal. They even refused payment I told them I would have a payment by my payday on April 8th and he said no, we dont want your money.

we are trying to seek other options, but I am sickened on how this company and their lawyer Rodney Lefholz of Rapid City never informed us on the court date. so we had no chance of stating our reasons falling behind.