Complaint Review: Green Tree Servicing LLC

• Updated: Tue, May 10, 2011

• Reported By: ToledoTom — Toledo Ohio United States of America
Green Tree Servicing LLC
P. O. Box 6172 Rapid City, South Dakota United States of America

Green Tree Servicing LLC Green Tree-AL LLC, Green Tree Loan Co, Green Tree Consumer Discount Co Penalizes You when Paying Online or by Phone - Rapid City, South Dakota

*Consumer Comment: Green Tree Obnoxious

Our mortgage was recently taken over by Green Tree Servicing LLC. When I went to make my first payment online they wanted to charge me a $12.00 service fee. Then I tried by phone using their automated system - same thing! However, if I mail it in or sign up for automatic withdrawals from my account, no problem. Yeah right. Sounds like they would love to get my check in the mail and sit on it until the day after it is due so they can charge me a penalty, just like WAMU used to do to me (may they rest in peace in h#ll). It seems to me that I am doing them a favor by paying electronically - they don't have to pay a body to open the envelope and process the payment. Why are they discouraging me from paying online? There should be a law against this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2011 08:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Green-Tree-Servicing-LLC/Rapid-City-South-Dakota-57709/Green-Tree-Servicing-LLC-Green-Tree-AL-LLC-Green-Tree-Loan-Co-Green-Tree-Consumer-Discou-691176. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Green Tree Servicing LLC

Green Tree Obnoxious

AUTHOR: JoeSD - (United States of America)

This company is obnoxious. They are bound and determine to ruin ones credit.
My payment of 256.20 is due on the 1st of each month on a secondary mortgage (somehow they have managed to become the servicer). I normally do not send it until around the 10th.
This is nothing new. The loan has never had a late payment. The original owners of the loan, Countrywide, then Bank of America, never harassed. Yet, this company will start to harass you almost immediately after the first. I sent the payment certified mail on the Ninth (so I can verified they got it, I do not trust them, because of a similar problem last month when they took over the loan). Just as I suspected they are starting to harass me on the 10th.  At some point Im going to call an attorney and sue them for unnecessary harassment. I told the person tonight not to call me until the payment is late there is a 15 day grace period on the loan. I have the contract. (And yes, I understand the due date is the 1st, but my other primary mortgage company (Wells Fargo) seems to live it)
I have filed complaints with the FTC, the California Attorney General and the Minnesota Attorney General about harassment. I suggest anyone having the same issues to do the same.
As far as Im concerned Green tree can go to hell. Now Ill be damned if Ill make the payment on the first. I can see how they managed to kill a person over harassment (goolge green tree lawsuits).
PS. You can make an online payment for $12 the actual cost of an electronic transfer is a few pennies at the most. So, they pocket $11.99 for the simple transaction. And I will not set up and auto payment since I dont trust these people. Once they have your bank account number, there is nothing to stop them and from what I understand they will take the money not matter what and if you dont have it, youll get an overdraft charge; and they try to collect every day until it clears. Hence, if you dont have the money in your account until (say) the sixth, that 5 days of overcharges.

swung