Complaint Review: Green Tree Servicing LLC

• Reported By: cathy — laurel Delaware USA
Green Tree Servicing LLC
Nationwide United States of America

Green Tree Servicing LLC Respa complaints and lawsuit palantine, Nationwide

I have been reading all the complaints concerning Green Tree Servicing.  They are all true. from harassing phone calls to harassing letters to...  I  have been down the same path with them, starting with Green Tree, then Conseco, then again Green Tree.  I felt there was  something wrong with the account but every time a question was asked, there would be threats.

In 2007, I called many times to get my 1098INT, only to be told I would not be getting one since I was in the "minus".  When I insisted, they told me there were mistakes and they would be sending me new 1098INT's for all 10 years of the loan.

I then started asking for my account history.  As many of you know, that is almost impossible to get but I persisted by writing to the  CEO.  Of course I would only get parts of it and never everything asked for.  (This is RESPA- Asking for information about my account in writing and not getting it.)

When I finally got some of the account history, I found that the first 9 months were missing and in fact they have no record of it, checks were not recorded, they had forced us into loan modifications when payments were made.  I know this because I have records of my checks, statements.  They said we had not made a payment,and even after sending a faxed copy of the check two times, it was never credited to the account.  Did you know that due to the 363 bankruptcy of Conseco, GT does not have to fix anything prior to 2003?  They can make changes to it as in the 1098INT's but I cannot pursue them legally prior to 2003. (We can thank Congress for this.)

Next I got my annual credit report, only to find I had 2 mortgages from Green Tree listed-different account numbers and different amounts.  Greatly affecting my credit score.  For about 2 years, we have tried to have them remove it-they refused.

I hired a lawyer and paid over $2000. to have a forensic accountant look at the account history.  The forensic accountant quit.  He could not figure it out.  My lawyer filed a RESPA complaint and a fair credit reporting lawsuit.  We just went to mediation.  Since they insulted us, we will be going to Court next year.  They brought a different account history and a document that they claimed they sent us in 2003 when they bought Conseco at the bankruptcy sale.  I have kept everything concerning my mortgage so...  This document has all the addresses of Green Tree on it including an address to where to send "RESPA complaints". Does anyone remember this document?  Did you receive it?  Do you have it?  Thanks for any response.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/25/2009 04:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Green-Tree-Servicing-LLC/nationwide/Green-Tree-Servicing-LLC-Respa-complaints-and-lawsuit-palantine-Nationwide-514526. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Green Tree Servicing LLC