• Report: #208380

• Submitted: Mon, August 28, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, August 28, 2006

• Reported By:lake city Michigan
Green Tree Servicing
P.O. Box 6172 Rapid City, Iowa U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-643-0202
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Green Tree Servicing ripoff isn't the word! We had frozen water pipes in the dead of winter our insurance company paid, Green Tree kept Rapid City Iowa

In February of 2006 our main water line froze. We had sewage on our bathroom floors and in our tubs. Our insurance Company was really good about covering the damages. The insurance check was made out to my Mother and her leinholder. Our insurance agent told us to contact any contractor we wanted. We contacted The Flood Professionals. The Flood Professionals did a nice job drying out the walls and floors. We had to evacuate our home for five days, so we stayed in a hotel.

Our insurance check was sent promptly to our lienholder. Green Tree asked us to have the company's that worked to fill out w-9's and their written estimates. Green Tree also wanted before pictures and label them. We did everything that we were told to do.

Green Tree Servicing, LLC sent a check for $56.00 made out to The Flood Professionals and Carol Labo. The bill was for $771.00. We also had a septic company come, the bill was for $490.00 and also another company came and opened our septic tank and that cost $75.00.

Well, to make a long story short, I have been fighting with this Green Tree company and we still haven't ever been sent the insurance money to pay The Flood Professionals.

Green Tree said, "We don't approve plumbing" but they sent $490.00 for the septic service. Our claim was for over $4,000.00. Green Tree said "we cannot send the money because the Flood Professionals weren't in the insurance adjustors report, and they waited until May to tell us this!

I take care of my Mother, she lost her husband last year. My Mother isn't well and her heart is weak. I think as my Mother's Power of Attorney I can say with out a doubt in my mind that this Green Tree is dishonest. They steal money from elderly people.

The bathroom floors are bare wood and still there are traces of fecal matter in it. We cannot afford to pay someone to fix it ourselves. We are moving to San Diego and renting. Why should a homeowner have to live like this? I refused to send the third payment on our home and Green Tree said "You are being evicted on the 31st of August". Well, that sums it all up. I guess the rich keep getting richer, as the saying goes. If anyone can legally help my Mom please call me.

Mary
lake city, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2006 10:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Green-Tree-Servicing/Rapid-City-Iowa-57709/Green-Tree-Servicing-ripoff-isnt-the-word-We-had-frozen-water-pipes-in-the-dead-of-wint-208380. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Green Tree Servicing